What will be new in souvie sensation this summer?

I heard a pretty good idea for a new Bluecoats T-shirt this past weekend... though considering what it would say I doubt the BoD would approve it :tongue:

Christmas ornaments - I have a blue ornament with the Bugle B that they gave to members and alumni one year at a camp I attended. Would be cool to have the tree covered with Drum Ornament for christmas.

Some people do, but they're on their way out. What's important is that number is declining. There's really no reason to use one when you have a free service like Dropbox, which serves the same needs, and then some, without necessitating an extra device. Gotta think long-term, always one step ahead.

Until your net access is cut off. doh.gif

I would like to see a pewter chess set, with each piece being a different corps (in uniform, of course)...it's in that "collectible genre....

Oh, my heavens...that is an incredible idea. To finish the set, all corps souvie booths would have to have a visit. While there, one might possibly buy other stuff. Perhaps at shows other than the big ones where everyone is at, there can be a reciprocal agreement whereas corps that are there will sell pieces of corps that aren't there. To make fans visit the souvie booths, the pieces would not be available online, at least during the season.

Some people do, but they're on their way out. What's important is that number is declining. There's really no reason to use one when you have a free service like Dropbox, which serves the same needs, and then some, without necessitating an extra device. Gotta think long-term, always one step ahead.

Until your post, I had never heard of Dropbox. I'm going to have to check it out. I'm assuming you've got to have access, though, to a hotspot if you're not directly connected to the Internet. I'm so used to just handing a flash drive to my editor when I complete something for DCI on the road that this may not be as efficient for me as some others. Still, it's something I need to check out. Thanks for the heads-up.

PS: In my day, we didn't have Dropbox. We just had flash drives and if we wanted to transfer something to someone else's computer at DCI shows, we had to walk the drive over to them and let them upload it to their computer. Meanwhile, everyone else was already asleep while we were up writing stuff for DCI.org, knowing that in four hours we needed to be at the airport. That's the way it was, AND WE LIKED IT!

grumpyoldman.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo

Not really. Flash drives have largely been replaced by services such as Dropbox.

Only by those who are not terribly concerned with security and control.

I think thumb drives are still popular enough, and they're cheap.

Only by those who are not terribly concerned with security and control.

Most people aren't, actually, at least not when it comes to something like that.

• Like 1

Until your post, I had never heard of Dropbox. I'm going to have to check it out. I'm assuming you've got to have access, though, to a hotspot if you're not directly connected to the Internet. I'm so used to just handing a flash drive to my editor when I complete something for DCI on the road that this may not be as efficient for me as some others. Still, it's something I need to check out. Thanks for the heads-up.

No problem. Internet access is on its way to becoming ubiquitous and context-free, with the rise of the smartphone and now tablet computers with 3G. The "security" I care about is that of knowing all of my data is accessible by me anywhere at any time on any device.

• Like 1