SCV 2011: Marching 20 snares this year

That'll be the 2010 PR snares playing with the 2010 SCV snares.

If you look closely you can see the love.

• Like 1

It's just has got to be difficult for the SCV and Phantom vets. For the SCV, they are trying preserve the tradition and continue to march with the corps that they love, and for the Phantom, they gave up their previous corps to come march for the instructor that they love while adapting to a new organization. I only hope that they aren't more than 10 total SCV/Phantom vets, or someone is going to be incredibly sad.

It's just has got to be difficult for the SCV and Phantom vets. For the SCV, they are trying preserve the tradition and continue to march with the corps that they love, and for the Phantom, they gave up their previous corps to come march for the instructor that they love while adapting to a new organization. I only hope that they aren't more than 10 total SCV/Phantom vets, or someone is going to be incredibly sad.

Very interesting point of view.

I don’t think the transition for the PR vets will be that difficult. Remember PR’s director bleeds SCV red & green and Myron was with PR last year. I will be sad for those vets who don't make the cut.

Was it equally as sad when Casella went from SCV to Cavaliers? Was it equally sad when Beddis moved, when McIntosh moved, when Ralph moved, when Scott Johnson moved, when...? These moves have occurred for decades; Marty Hurley moved from the Bleu Raeders (a top 12 corps) to Regiment; Float moved from Spirit (another top corps) to Blue Devils. Were those moves also sad?

Can't wait to see SCV show this year.Can't wait to see how PR responds this year either. My guess is they will be fine. To anyone in that phots not getting a contract,I may be wrong, but it is my understanding Troopers still seeking to sign two or three more snares for the 2011 season. Don't sit out this summer, plenty of other corps still looking for the right people I'm sure.

Was it equally as sad when Casella went from SCV to Cavaliers? Was it equally sad when Beddis moved, when McIntosh moved, when Ralph moved, when Scott Johnson moved, when...? These moves have occurred for decades; Marty Hurley moved from the Bleu Raeders (a top 12 corps) to Regiment; Float moved from Spirit (another top corps) to Blue Devils. Were those moves also sad?

The moves themselves weren't sad, haven't done my research, but i imagine almost all those moves made the new corps better and the old corps have a "rebuilding year", but it is sad for any vet, either of the corps or rookie to the corps but vet of the moving instructor, who didn't get a contract when they were just trying to stay loyal.