So can somebody explain this G7 thing?

I really don't get this post Jeff. It is not in any of the G-8's interest to make it exclusionary given a position in the 8 is never guaranteed. I realize the stalwart top 4-5 corps probably wouldn't mind but I don't see any of the corps that have finished around 6-7-8 more than the top 5 being interested in making it harder to get back in were they to be pushed out. If you truly think it is the goal of last years top 8 to make every other corps go away then you really must have some solid information you're keeping to yourself otherwise I just think the overly negative hype on DCP is influencing your take. Have ANY of the TOC haters had specific conversations with any of the top 8 corps directors regarding this to back up their inflammatory nonsense? Well I have, and what is consistently being represented as the "goal" of the G-8 here on DCP by the haters is hilarious in its absurdity.

?

Edited by thirdcoast

It is entirely competitive. I believe you must be in the top 8? for two consecutive years (or something like that). In any case, it's about acheivement of excellence and any corps can challenge. As a matter of fact, I would have expected to see Madison & BAC jump into this group fairly soon, along with the usual suspects that hover on the bottom third on finals night.

Where are you getting this? From the G7 ppt?!?

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Newsflash, the G-7 doesn't exsist. You may now go on with your previously scheduled life.

psssst......the proposal didn't pass......it's no longer a proposal........come back to the light...... :ph34r:

pssst... remember, a&e was just a proposal at one time as well.

but if that is what the op wanted to find out about, that is what he/she would have asked. They didnt. If you want to see something hilarious and absurd that g7 power point is it. Hilarious, Absurd and kinda creepy.

How do you know what the OP wanted. He said he was confused about the whole thing and maybe as responsible drum corps fans we should shed light on the WHOLE story making distinctions between the G7, G8, TOC, the proposal, and what has currently been implemented. Blaming the OP for not being specific doesn't mean we have the right to tell "HALF" of the story!

Where are you getting this? From the G7 ppt?!?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/975367/Do%20Not%20Delete/The%20G7%20Report.pdf

Slide #9

Again, this was the intial proposal.....not anything like current experimental components. Hey...you asked!

How do you know what the OP wanted. He said he was confused about the whole thing and maybe as responsible drum corps fans we should shed light on the WHOLE story making distinctions between the G7, G8, TOC, the proposal, and what has currently been implemented. Blaming the OP for not being specific doesn't mean we have the right to tell "HALF" of the story!

?

Edited by thirdcoast

I think if all the 23 Corps and DCI want this to go on, so be it. If all 23 Corps are fine with 8 Corps receiving 8 extra shows without them, then I am for it. I really like those 8 Corps anyways.

That's the crux right there. Are they happy, indifferent or not? Because if all 23 corps don't mind, or are "for" this idea or indifferent to it. what are we complaining about?

I really have been thinking about this and have to ask, but how many people on here that are truly against the TOC, and have been doing all of this campaigning against it and writing on here, are actually from one of these Top 8 corps? How many people are from one of them, and are still planning to abandon their alma mater corps over this proposal? Or how many are from a lower down corps, and see this only as elitism and a power grab? Just had to ask this.

• Like 1

I really have been thinking about this and have to ask, but how many people on here that are truly against the TOC, and have been doing all of this campaigning against it and writing on here, are actually from one of these Top 8 corps? How many people are from one of them, and are still planning to abandon their alma mater corps over this proposal? Or how many are from a lower down corps, and see this only as elitism and a power grab? Just had to ask this.

There's a poll on here asking people how they would respond to the new TOC format. It's somewhere.

Edited by charlie1223

There's a poll on here asking people how they would respond to the new TOC format. It's somewhere.

I know, I was wondering more where people are coming from. If the people that are speaking out against this the most are from the Top 8 corps involved in this, or if they are from other corps. It's an honest question, just trying to get an idea of where people are coming from.