Pioneer

Uh oh.... :worthy:

It is a matter of understanding various corps lingo, and in this case Pioneer's.

Like if I say a corps hornline is over there playing "church hymns", I am not literally saying that they are playing church music, I just mean that they are warming up.

Thus, Holst in Eb would be "Irish Music" by Pioneer terminology, while U2 would not. (Even though literally Gustav Holst was British and U2 is Irish).

Edited by Howdy
  • Like 1

Like if I say a corps hornline is over there playing "church hymns", I am not literally saying that they are playing church music, I just mean that they are warming up.

and if real musicians were to hear you playing, what would they call it ?

( besides Mr. Wholenote Takes a Stroll ) :shutup:

• Like 1

and if real musicians were to hear you playing, what would they call it ?

( besides Mr. Wholenote Takes a Stroll ) :shutup:

Re:

TO Mike please, if you want to discuss ME , and or roast ME, please do not do that here. This is about PIONEER.

I am not posting here to promote me, but rather to try and see Pioneer improve.

Edited by Howdy
  • Like 1

Re:

TO Mike please, if you want to discuss ME , and or roast ME, please do not do that here. This is about PIONEER.

Oh, the irony.

• Like 6

Oh, the irony.

From what I have seen and heard there is improvement to made on both sides.

• Like 1

Re:

You're correct, this is about Pioneer.

Ok, so you feel you have a right to talk crap about Roman and I've asked you why you feel you have that right.

You answered that you were a brass tech in what 08 ?

again, I asked you why you think you have the right to talk smack about Roman

I asked if you had not learned anything from all those years of spouting about your music

You came back with how you have almost 2 million hits on your music and how many more hits on myspace than Pioneer has

You made claims about kids having bad experiences with Pioneer and I asked you to explain, yet you don't.

WHY?

Again, why do you have the right to talk #### about Roman when he is actually doing the job and you're not ?

Seems Roman is not ALL wrong, I think he made at least 1 good decision at the end of the 08 season.

Howdy, on a personal note, you have done a wonderful job with your whole notes. :thumbup:

• Like 5

Ok, so you feel you have a right to talk crap about Roman and I've asked you why you feel you have that right.

I asked if you had not learned anything from all those years of spouting about your music

You came back with how you have almost 2 million hits on your music and how many more hits on myspace than Pioneer has

You made claims about kids having bad experiences with Pioneer and I asked you to explain, yet you don't.

WHY?

Again, why do you have the right to talk #### about Roman when he is actually doing the job and you're not ?

Seems Roman is not ALL wrong, I think he made at least 1 good decision at the end of the 08 season.

Howdy, on a personal note, you have done a wonderful job with your whole notes. :thumbup:

Re:

Ugh...

___

And please, call me MIKEY

Edited by Howdy
  • Like 1

Aw! Howdy's back and I ran out of minus votes for the day! :sad:

Howdy, Howdy!

You know, when Pioneer cannot field a corps at all because of a lack of interest, then there will be problems. Pioneer, however, is doing what few other corps are doing and making the best of it!

• Like 4

WHY?

:worthy:

• Like 3

In my opinion I do not think that Pioneer has a very good chance to make semifinals. Call them a 50 -1 longshot to do that. I hear this same hype repeated year after year, without seeing the changes that are needed to get them there.

Many have said that the kids in Pioneer get great experiences. My issue with Pioneer is that in my opinion so many bad experiences also go on there (that should not go on there but do, and are often repeated over and over again year after year).

As for Pioneer doing an excellent job recruiting in their backyard, we will have to agree to disagree about that, but I do not fault them for trying.

I dont think that scsu drummer put they were going to make semi-finals ANYWHERE in that persons post.

Edited by griego4m