Pioneer

I do agree that there is certainly and issue there on many many levels and although MOST corps insist members and even parents restrict themselves from DCP involement and for kids even viewing. I would hope this is the case for PIO because I would hate to be a member bustin my XXX and having to hear some of this although comments may even be true.

Pioneer will continue to be what they have become until they get new leadership, which is a perennial last place corps struggling to fill the ranks and hog tied by the poor decision making of its administration. There is no sense in denying any of this regardless of how much it pisses some people off. We will continue to see hollow off season hype that never delivers an improved product, and Pioneer will continue to lose the majority of its experienced members to more competitive organizations. Pioneer owes its members more than that, I really hope someday they can make it happen.

You have posted on here A LOT. I tend to agree with you. But you see how upset some people get when you adress what seems to be the underlaying cause for the Pioneer substandard performance. When you are that passionate about something, you tend to not think clearly, as is the case in some posts to my questions. It would seem that if you can't remain open and objective, you cannot hope to move forward. Sseems like some are content with that.

Help me out here. Is Pioneer not a non-profit orginazation with a board of directors that governs the operations of the corps? Roman is executive director but to whom does he answer? The board of directors have the authority to choose a different executive director don't they? Does Roman somehow "own" Pioneer? Does he draw a salary or income from Pioneer and who determins what that amount is? I don't understand the organization of Pioneer. So, my question is, if Roman is answerable to the board of directors, are they appointed, elected, or what? Are they able to vote to make the necessary changes or are they only a board on paper only? If this is a private venture of Roman Blenski then as long as the money keeps flowing in, he isn't likly to make any changes. Doesn't need to. And those people that come along and point out Pioneers flaws are actually pointing out flaws in Roman Blenski, so they are let go. He may mean well, have good intentions but isn't the money the real motivation or reason, just carefully disguised? He isn't going to jeopardize his livelyhood, if that is the case. As long as capital assets are there, fees are coming in through wc standing and appearances, etc., then all is good. I can see a scenario where this might be the case. The blame for this is not to be pointed at Roman, instead, it should be pointed at DCI for being so nieve as to what it happening and not making Pioneer accountable for thier quality. I don't know for sure, so can anyone tell me if this might be the case?

Maybe it's time for another organization to begin talking about organizing a corps in the Milwaukee area. Rattle the "tree" of Pioneer's administration some. It's my understanding that Pioneer does not have the best repore with the public school system in Milwaukee or surrounding communities for that matter and even less so with the City of Milwaukee. If another group could take up that challenge and approach those entities and institutions with something that would be more supportive of the community, who knows what might happen. Could be that if the Pioneer administration were made to feel in danger of losing thier "golden calf" they might make the changes that are necessary to have a competitive drum corps. As it is now they are attracting a few loyal members, accepting international members from God knows where, maybe just to fill spots, we will never know, and a few newbies to drum corps that will move on after they either make another corps or are so disappointed with thier experience, they quit in mid season. Although this may have some merit, it does not make for good drum corps or image. The members that do march, deserve better than what they are getting. Why is staff let go so easily? Ego or economics? I know that if you do not let your feelings be heard, nothing will change. I/you/we are the ones that buy the tickets and when a corps is allowed to flounder like Pioneer has year after year after year, who is to blame? Not the members, they are the ones out there sweating, bleeding, crying and working thier ##### off to provide the best they can. Not the staff that has been dismissed. They tried but were chastised for thier efforts. Not even the current staff. They can only do what they are allowed to do. The finger points only one direction and that is at the BOD and the Executive director. Shame on you. Look at your alumni response and activities. Other corps have alumni corps to celebrate landmark years and occassions. At best, you are only able to put together a picnic for your 50th year celebration? All this is said in a spirit to make things better for Pioneer. The corps has been around too long and has too much of a history to allow to continue along this road. Let your opinions be heard. Mr Blenski will hear you but if it doesn't sink in, then the corps will die.

Throw your support toward the Racine Scouts! They could use it and would definately appreciate it.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Mello Dude

I was just about to start a new Pioneer thread.

Did anyone else see the irony in the last thread. No matter what/how people feel about Pioneer they still push forward. Turn the negative into positive and keep your heads up and motivation ahead of you.

I LOVE THIS CORPS. When I get my own band program (hopefully soon), this corps will have 100% support from me and my students. The activity need more corps that are willing to teach the newer/younger kids.

Hold on Pioneer, relief will come soon. There are many of us out here supporting you.

I haven't read anything on this post and I don't want to start a new thread on Pioneer if there is one. Just wanted to say that after seeing their two performances on the fannetwork that I am thoroughly impressed. Got to admit that I was a bit worried when I saw their size but after hearing the hornlines impact points and balance I was hooked. Man is that hornline putting out a lot of sound for their size. I just hope the number of members isn't hurting their score because I think they can move up the ladder a lot this season with this current product and membership.

KEEP PUSHING KIDS! YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT 100%

• Like 1

58.6 tonight in Woodbury. They are getting better.

I know that it is a long way to go, but there have been many nice things said about the smaller ensemble already.

Keep it going kiddos!

Lighten up? Apparently the smiley face wasn't lighthearted enough for you? I was actually defending Mikey in my original post. My posts really had nothing to do with people criticizing or questioning Pioneer. Every time Mikey pops into the thread, for a variety of reasons people decided to launch personal attacks against him. Those personal attacks got the last thread shut down and I was concerned that they would get this thread shut down as well. Simple as that. If the thread gets shut down, then there's nowhere to voice your questions/concerns. Yes, we can start another one, but the easier answer would be to keep this one open. I WANT the thread to stay open for the same reasons that you are pointing out.

Thanks. I only want what I think is best for Pioneer.

• Like 1