Pre-June Prediction Thread

My revised Top Twelve, and final one:

1. Bluecoats - a major influx of talent due to last season's success, plus the QUADROPHONIC sound (you know what I am excited for!), will bring a unique show to the top by less than .5 points.

2. Blue Devils - my, what a Blue Top Two (Copyrighted). I cannot put into words the excitement I have for this show, but I just have this gut feeling Bluecoats will reign supreme.

3. Cavaliers/Crown - jazz.... I don't know if it'll work for them. This may be my biggest mistake in my predictions, but the corps is so good it still is well in the Top 5. / Rach Star will be a fresh-style, upbeat show, capturing both the crowd's and the judges' attention, definitely in the Top 5.

4. Cadets - LOVE their music. Hopefully maturity will rise this year without Little Jimmy/Timmy/Jeffery out there.

5. Cavaliers/Crown

6. SVC

7. Phantom

8. Scouts

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Academy

12. Boston Crusaders

• Like 2

1)Cavaliers

2)Bluecoats

3)Cadets

4)Blue Devils

5)Phantom

6)Blue Stars

7)Crown

8)SCV

9)Crusaders

10)Scouts

11)Blue Knights

12)Glassmen

13)Troopers

Edited by BoyWonder1911

I always feel compelled to say it. I love the people who count Glassmen out year after year, and yet come finals night, there they are. Strong and steady. And with the addition of a extremely talented Brass staff and some of Don Hill's best arrangements to date, it's only a matter of time until people realize the Glassmen will be there on finals night. Yet, everyone will still claim they're going to drop out and they're just not that good and blah blah blah. :smile: Expect another top 12 performance from the team from Toledo.

• Like 3

I always feel compelled to say it. I love the people who count Glassmen out year after year, and yet come finals night, there they are. Strong and steady. And with the addition of a extremely talented Brass staff and some of Don Hill's best arrangements to date, it's only a matter of time until people realize the Glassmen will be there on finals night. Yet, everyone will still claim they're going to drop out and they're just not that good and blah blah blah. :smile: Expect another top 12 performance from the team from Toledo.

Hope I didn't hit a nerve there, I thought glassmens performance was FAR better in 2010 than 2009, they were a MUCH better corps. Yet their placement went down, but it's only because the others improved more than they did. If glassmen misses finals this year it's not because they are a bad corps by any means, it's just that tough now. I honestly don't see them jumping ahead of anyone they were behind last year, and I very well could have put them in 12th on my list. I just know a lot of great things have been going on behind the scenes at XMan w/ new personnel and such, so I gave them my last spot.

If I eat my words come August, I will eat them with a smile on my face, as I'm not Nostradamus. I know the finals order will be much different than my pre-june prediction :).

To everyone who has PR being lower this year than they were last year - don't forget who took 6th place last year but still won percussion...

To everyone who has PR being lower this year than they were last year - don't forget who took 6th place last year but still won percussion...

Don't forget who left to SCV...

• Like 2

It's probably because they don't enjoy the product as much as you.

I always root for them, as they're an Ohio corps. I haven't been thrilled about the past few shows from GMan. Brass has been a weakness; it looks like the administration is trying to address that... Percussion, guard, and visual are great. So that's probably why people bump them out of finals first...

Hey, I just want to love the show. I have a feeling I will this year.

It's probably because they don't enjoy the product as much as you.

I definitely agree this is a large part of it. And honestly, I don't mind that people count them out. It's kind of the underdog thing where the corps just keeps doing it's thing. It's all you can do. They've certainly addressed the brass issues people felt they had.

I believe anyone who comes into a season to see shows with a clean slate will really enjoy this product. But I also know most people have preconceived opinions and some corps will never get a fair shake in the court of public opinion, or at least DCP.

And no worries Tso, it wasn't just your post that brought me out to post. It's pretty common that people predict them out. But it's even more common that there they are on finals night looking up into a full front stand, percussion set up in the old G in back.