Pre-June Prediction Thread

Did Academy perform a (RE)peat of their show or something?

My prediction...

1. Cavs

2.Devs

3.Cadets

4.Bloo

5.Regiment

6.Crown

7.SCV

8.Crusaders

9.Knights

10. Academy

11. Blue Stars

12. Glassmen

13.Crossmen

14.Colts

15. Troop

16. BDB

17. Pacific Crest

18. Spirit

19. Mandarins

20. SCVC

21. Cascades

22. Spartans

23. Jersey Surf

24. Teal Sound

25.Cascades

26. Pioneer

From what I've seen and heard Regiment is great. Academy is doing extremely well this season already and should surprise erbuddy. Cavies were rocking last year, hopefully they can keep that up.

Madison fold?

and Cascades place 21 & 25...whacky.

Edited by skewerz

apparently they dont get past pioneer this year.

Madison fold?

and Cascades place 21 & 25...whacky.

As long as they are called " competitions "... and the judges give out " scores and placements ".... and where you place in " competition " determines how much ( or little ) prize money you get, it sure as heck does matter " if you win " and also " where you place".

Now, if DCI decides to scrap these " competitions " and replace them with all " exhibitions" performances instead..............

If you work your butt off and max out your program , do the best job possible and come in 8th ?? you still win..

Edited by Jerseyboy
  • Like 1

Id you work your butt off m max out your program , amd do the best job possible and come in 8th ?? you still win..

I suppose... but few fans of 8th place sports teams in any sport think they're team " won ", despite the players working their butt off.

Only one unit or competitor " wins ".

To say " an 8th place " unit.. or all units and competitors... " won " diminishes what the true " winner " actually accomplished. And that seems both unfair, as well as inaccurate, in my opinion. That being said, there is something personally enobling about someone giving all they have in competition and holding nothing back. That should be enriching and personally fulfilling in of itself, and needs no outside external recognition. It stands on it's own. And as it should, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

What really bothers me is how people are slotting Spirit of Atlanta in 18th place, behind Crossmen and Pacific Crest. Spirit of Atlanta hasn't placed that low since '96. Low expectations, much? As I recall for the 2010 season, Spirit beat Crossmen 11 out of 12 times (the only time they lost was their first show together), and had a two-point lead on Pacific Crest in Quarterfinals. This was with a majority percentage of rookies (~75% if I had to guess), and many of these rookies are returning as vets this year. If anything, they only have room to grow and we should expect Spirit to climb even further.

(list w/o factoring in OC)

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Carolina Crown

4. Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Stars

9. Madison Scouts

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Knights