TOC Aug 7 moved again?

I see that the TOC show on August 7 has been marked TBA for a location. Looks like Rutgers is no longer an option. They should move this show back to the DC area like it was originally intended. Let's hear some options for this show.

I see that the TOC show on August 7 has been marked TBA for a location. Looks like Rutgers is no longer an option. They should move this show back to the DC area like it was originally intended. Let's hear some options for this show.

aww man! I really wanted it to be in Rutgers. But I think they might look into Annapolis, MA? At the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium? I think that was their initial choice, but idk for sure. But that's also a really nice stadium. I think that's where you meant by the DC area.

I understand Rutgers is still a strong possiblity. But there is a chance the new Giants stadium might be available, in which case it might be preferred.

My preference, not that anyone asked, would be Rutgers. We've done the Meadowlands enough before. It's too big, too empty. Unless they feel they can draw much stronger from Northern New Jersey, I think it's a mistake. Drum corps on a college campus feels so nice.

HH

I understand Rutgers is still a strong possiblity. But there is a chance the new Giants stadium might be available, in which case it might be preferred.

My preference, not that anyone asked, would be Rutgers. We've done the Meadowlands enough before. It's too big, too empty. Unless they feel they can draw much stronger from Northern New Jersey, I think it's a mistake. Drum corps on a college campus feels so nice.

HH

I couldn't agree more! If it was between Rutgers or NEW Giants Stadium, I would chose Rutgers hands down! The acoustics are really good, and at least with my experience from marching events held there, the stadium does make the performing group sound louder. And you're right. It does provide for a more intimate experience, which I think is a goal for the TOC shows anyway!

Crossing my fingers for RU!

Edited by charlie1223

aww man! I really wanted it to be in Rutgers. But I think they might look into Annapolis, MA? At the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium? I think that was their initial choice, but idk for sure. But that's also a really nice stadium. I think that's where you meant by the DC area.

Annapolis was the original location. U of MD is another good college stadium as we learned back a decade ago for finals. The pro staiudms in DC and Baltimore just don't work well for a Drum Corps show. Having marched many years with the Redskins at both RFK and FedEx Field, I can speak from experience on those two.

Annapolis was the original location. U of MD is another good college stadium as we learned back a decade ago for finals. The pro staiudms in DC and Baltimore just don't work well for a Drum Corps show. Having marched many years with the Redskins at both RFK and FedEx Field, I can speak from experience on those two.

the really big issue in the DC/Balmer beltway region is housing

• Like 1

My money's on Clifton. Hop's had this happen to him the last 4 or 5 years if I recall.

the really big issue in the DC/Balmer beltway region is housing

I know of three schools on the west side of DC with great facilities that are ready to host. Unfortunately, that is still over an hour away from Annapolis.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

My money's on Clifton. Hop's had this happen to him the last 4 or 5 years if I recall.

thats a big drop in the number of available seats

• Like 1

HH

has dci been to the new giants stadium? when i was there in 09, they were in the process of removing seats from the back side and the score board and other things from it because there was a new one next door. also those big outdoor nfl stadiums seemed to echo just as bad if not worse to me performing than the indoor stadiums

thats a big drop in the number of available seats

is the clifton show the one thats basically in a park? if its the show site i'm thinking of, it was terrible. the field was not in good condition and the stands were tiny.

at least there were a few gas stations and other small convenient stores near by :w00t::cool:

Edited by wcmello09