Will thunderous goo become less of a problem?

Poll  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Will thunderous goo become less of a problem in the coming years?

• Yes
    • No

Last season I couldn't help but notice that low-end synth fundamentally alters the way drum corps are starting to sound as an ensemble. Do you think as time goes on the balance issues will be solved? Judging from the progression from 2009 to 2010, I'm not too optimistic.

• Like 3

There were a couple isolated examples last year, where I thought it was mixed well.

I liked how it was used with Blue Stars in their opener. About 4 minutes into the show, they combine a bass line in synth, with the pit. Gradually the low brass are added, and then a push/crescendo into resolution with high brass provided. Cool effect.

I don't know for sure if it was used, but viewing it live- The end of the Blue Devils opener. Going into the La Suerte hit, amd then into the ending triplet. I remember seeing it early at the Riverside show last year The sound of the hornline and the synth combined was deafening. But in a good way.

The Bluecoats- many parts of the show.

Edited by Dmlkmen

I think there will be an overall improvement with mixing now that staff members

are allowed to make adjustments remotely from any location.

• Like 1

Last season I couldn't help but notice that low-end synth fundamentally alters the way drum corps are starting to sound as an ensemble. Do you think as time goes on the balance issues will be solved? Judging from the progression from 2009 to 2010, I'm not too optimistic.

Judging from previous posts/threads, I'm not sure this one is anything other than (yet another) excuse to bemoan the state of drum corps today.

But I voted "yes". The optimist in me thinks the rule change will affect things positively.

• Like 3

Probably not, you should just stop going to drum corps shows so it won't bother you so much

Why would I do that? I like drum corps shows. I'd pay a hefty fee to see some of my favorite corps.

• Like 7

Why would I do that? I like drum corps shows. I'd pay a hefty fee to see some of my favorite corps.

Just seems like there isn't much you find redeeming about drum corps today, looking back at the majority of topics you've started.

• Like 4

We can only hope it gets better - or goes away completely. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Just seems like there isn't much you find redeeming about drum corps today, looking back at the majority of topics you've started.

In absolute terms, there is a lot. Compared to the shows that used to once grace the field...not as much.

• Like 3