Cadets Uniform

hope those alumni are as passionate about supporting the corps financially and as volunteers as they are about a uniform.... wonder how many of their names are on the cadets donor list.....

What alums do ( or don't do ) with their former Corps is their business, not mine. So I don't care how many of the Cadets Alums are on the Cadets donor list. Not sure why other non Cadets would wonder how many Cadets alums are on the current Cadets donor list either. As near as I can tell, it's none of their business. And it's certainly not like this Corps has been strapped for cash or for volunteers of late, either.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

you do not have any credibility to speak on how he thinks or feels. I was once told that It was said that

George will admit that But, he will also say that

George does not seek He has made the decision

George would post things that would make people excited.

I find it very annoying that you try to speak on another person's behalf. Again, I do not believe you have the credibility to speak on how George Hopkins thinks or feels

Thank you for coming on and defending your son, Mrs. Hopkins. It's always refreshing when parents chime in to tell us tidbits about their children's actions and motivations behind them.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I don't think that this is ANYHING compared to what the 76' Bridgemen had to go through when they made the MAJOR uniform switch from cadet style to the long yellow coats and floppy hats with pink ribbons. Half the fans loved it and the other half wanted to hang them from the highest tree available. It'll blow over eventually.

I don't think that this is ANYHING compared to what the 76' Bridgemen had to go through when they made the MAJOR uniform switch from cadet style to the long yellow coats and floppy hats with pink ribbons. Half the fans loved it and the other half wanted to hang them from the highest tree available. It'll blow over eventually.

June can't come fast enough if you ask me.

Here we are, discussing a possible uniform change... a uniform hardly anyone has seen... and already we have the True Believers cult lining up to light candles in homage to St. George the Saviour while on the other side of the ledger we have the Heathens sizing up the wood for their big cross to have The Blasphemous One nailed to.

I 'm just praying for June to hurry up and get here quickly.

Edited by BRASSO

If he just would have sent out emails, or tweets, or whatever, and explained why, there wouldn't be any of this uproar.

I doubt it. I don't find Hopkins's writing to be very persuasive, based on his blog and his rule change proposals. He tends to implicitly dismiss opposing points of view in a way that's often infuriating. So I think anything he wrote explaining what's going on would win very few folks over.

(I have to assume he's an amazing talker, given his incredible success at winning people over and getting his way.)

I don't think it's unreasonable for the Cadets to be secretive about this change. Hell, they probably don't even have the designs finalized. If you let the world in on every step in a creative process you just give them that many more opportunities to complain.

All that said, I'll reiterate the fact that I personally don't care what the Cadets choose to wear on the field. Though if I were in charge of an organization with that incredible tradition and legacy, I'd keep the uniform as pristinely accurate as possible, whatever the show.

June can't come fast enough if you ask me.

Here we are, discussing a possible uniform change... a uniform hardly anyone has seen... and already we have the True Believers cult lining up to light candles in homage to St. George the Saviour while on the other side of the ledger we have the Heathens sizing up the wood for their big cross to have the False Idol nailed to.

Meanwhile, I 'm praying for June to hurry up and get here quickly.

How on Earth do you have time to pray with all the flame-fanning, mind-reading, and gas-throwing that you've been doing?

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 5

How on Earth do you have time to pray with all the flam-fanning, mind-reading, and gas-throwing that you've been doing?

I usually find a few moments after I practice the flams.

Thanks for inquiring about my prayer time, chaddyt'.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

How on Earth do you have time to pray with all the flam-fanning, mind-reading, and gas-throwing that you've been doing?

I have a feeling he's bitter about something. I have no idea what, but it's something. I've never seen so much disdain for another person in my life. Maybe GH ignored an email he sent, I don't know, but something is eating him up inside.

• Like 1

I usually find a few moments after I practice the flams.

Thanks for inquiring about my prayer time, chaddyt'.

No problem!

Thanks for pointing out my typo!