Cadets Uniform

Is the world still ending?

... Cause I need to plan ahead.

As far as we know, nobody gets out of alive.

So yes, it's probably not a bad idea to plan ahead.

i won't be at a live event this year most likely, so i won't even really get to see what the unis look like until blurays come out.

All good things come to those that wait,Lance.

I beg to differ Charles. Hop is disrespecting his alumni because many of them don't agree with his vision. He reaps what he sows and all that...

How so? You really think that every move that any corps admin makes can only happen if every alum agrees with it? Hardly.

• Like 3

How so? You really think that every move that any corps admin makes can only happen if every alum agrees with it? Hardly.

it's not that he has to make the alumni happy all the time...it's that he tried to hide it from them. If he just would have sent out emails, or tweets, or whatever, and explained why, there wouldn't be any of this uproar. George did it this way so there WOULD be an uproar. I guess he believes any press is good press.

• Like 1

it's not that he has to make the alumni happy all the time...it's that he tried to hide it from them. If he just would have sent out emails, or tweets, or whatever, and explained why, there wouldn't be any of this uproar. George did it this way so there WOULD be an uproar. I guess he believes any press is good press.

Oh really? REALLY?? You REALLY believe, based on what has been said in this thread, that ANYTHING would have changed if he had explained why they're doing this? Yeah right, I have a hard time believing that.

• Like 3

skewerz: Once again, you are speaking about things you do not know. Unless you know George Hopkins personally, which I'm very sure you do not, you do not have any credibility to speak on how he thinks or feels. I was once told that George actually programs The Cadets' shows in a way to entertain the audience. It was said that he looks to achieve at least three standing ovations within one show. I don't know about you, but I usually don't give a standing ovation to something I do not like. Sure, this philosophy doesn't seem like it has always been true (2008 for example), but I would say that in most shows The Cadets have done since George has been director have had jaw dropping, awesome moments.

Tradition: George will admit that when he first arrived at The Cadets that he did not understand a lot of the traditions the members held to heart. But, he will also say that after being with the organization as long as he has, he has grown to understand and love the traditions that make The Cadets, The Cadets.

Uniforms: Having heard George speak on the matter, George does not seek for "press" or argument or debating. He has made the decision for ENTERTAINMENT purposes. It was not him that caused this uproar, it was an alumni that disagreed with him.

Lastly, about your post about presenting material that is going to be popular vs. unpopular: Of course George would post things that would make people excited. It's just like any other type of marketing... Would you go see a movie that has a crappy movie trailer of all the fluff in the movie, or would you go see a movie that has an action packed trailer that looks really cool?

You are causing an uproar that has nothing to do with the topic of this discussion and I find it very annoying that you try to speak on another person's behalf. Again, I do not believe you have the credibility to speak on how George Hopkins thinks or feels; therefore, you should not try to tell us, the members of DCP, what is on his mind. You can believe what you want, but I can assure you based off the information you've already posted that you are very wrong.

I WILL be cheering on the Cadets this summer and I look forward to a fun and entertaining show!

• Like 4

Except that it was announced at an Alumni Meeting (not hiding...announced it at an alumni gathering).

And the corps has planned for George to host alumni meetings up and down the east coast....yep, sounds like he's just hiding from the alumns :doh:

Not using the traditional uniform for a year would be upsetting, no matter how it was brought to the alumni.