Cadets Uniform

I have a feeling he's bitter about something. I have no idea what, but it's something. I've never seen so much disdain for another person in my life. Maybe GH ignored an email he sent, I don't know, but something is eating him up inside.

I know it might be hard for you to understand because you marched The Cadets, but believe me, George Hopkins does not keep me up at night. I rest soundly. I've never emailed him. From the comments I've read and heard from other alums, I 'm pretty non chalant re. George Hopkins compared to others, some of them your current Cadets alums. I have no dog in this hunt. I don't like his recommendation to kill off 2 dozen Corps, and have said so. But George Hopkins is not " eating me up inside ". I have a healthy appetite, and eat most anything that is well prepared and appealing to the palate.

Edited by BRASSO

I know it might be hard for you to understand because you marched The Cadets, but believe me, George Hopkins does not keep me up at night. I rest soundly. I've never emailed him. From the comments I've read and heard from other alums, I 'm pretty non chalant re. George Hopkins compared to others, some of them your current Cadets alums. I have no dog in this hunt. I don't like his recommendation to kill off 2 dozen Corps, and have said so. But George Hopkins is not " eating me up inside ". I have a healthy appetite, and eat most anything that is well prepared and appealing to the palate.

Well apparently he has had some sort of negative impact on your life based on most of your comments here. Hey if you don't like him, that's not my business. But it seems to me that everytime a Cadets thread comes up, you're on the front lines carrying the torch. Just saying.

• Like 2

Really? REALLY?

"well... bring on all the people who hate the uniform change"

"I really wish that alumni would realize how hurtful their comments are to the current members of the Cadets. We love the alumni and the support that they have always shown because we have and always will be Cadets. "

"I hope we can have SOME Cadet Alumni support us this year."

"I hope these folks didn't forget what being a Cadet is about."

"ya, I lost sleep last night over some posts I read from alumni... that really bothers me."

"Yea, some of the posts really bothered me too. We are all Cadets in our hearts, no matter what we are wearing."

"Rough night...up sick all night"

"I am at a complete loss of words right now..."

All different current Cadets directly from their current facebook statuses. The more overwhelming thing is the upwards of 20 comments posted on each from each other trying to make it seem okay, and trying to convince each other that the season isn't ruined, IN MARCH. Tell me again they are not dwelling or feeling the pain. Seriously

maybe the current Cadets should ask their director why he is making decisions to alienate some of the alumni. I'm sure since GH thought through this decision carefully that he will be able to give his current marching members an explanation that will satisfy their questions and renew their faith that the Cadets are going in the right direction.

• Like 3

Well apparently he has had some sort of negative impact on your life based on most of your comments here. Hey if you don't like him, that's not my business. But it seems to me that everytime a Cadets thread comes up, you're on the front lines carrying the torch. Just saying.

Here is a comment on this thread from A CADETS ALUM : ( poster "FTNK ", page 7 this thread, 3/4/2011, 8:10 pm )

( quote ) " Didn't they just adopt a new logo that emphasizes an element of their classic unchanging, timeless uniform ? What a bunch of hypocritical B.S.... George is reaching new lows of creative bankruptcy ".

Signed... A Cadets Alum "

Now,.. if you think that any of my musings on this thread ( not created by me, by the way ) are in any way, shape or form, worse than what your current Cadets alum ( and other Cadets alums ) said, then you are probably too close to the trees to see the forest here, imo Cadets2000.

Just sayin'.

Edited by BRASSO

You may all think I am crazy for this, but I am now even MORE adamant about staying away from ANY G-8 show. George Hopkins is out of control at this point, and anything that he "likes" I will dis-like.

The de-friending of people that volunteer for your organization, that MARCHED in your organization, over issues they had is just the last straw for me. He will get what he wants at all costs. That is not a situation that I can support.

Sorry to rant, but the uniform change and the treatment of the alumni/volunteers is just unacceptable.

No you are not crazy. I had already decided to boyctt the G-8 (Greedy Eight) shows this year. The

only thing that has been a constant through the years has been their uniforms. And now that's gone.

• Like 1

Here is a comment on this thread from A CADETS ALUM : ( poster "FTNK ", page 7 this thread, 3/4/2011, 8:10 pm )

( quote ) " Didn't they just adopt a new logo that emphasizes an element of their classic unchanging, timeless uniform ? What a bunch of hypocritical B.S.... George is reaching new lows of creative bankruptcy ".

Signed... A Cadets Alum "

Now,.. if you think that any of my musings on this thread ( not created by me, by the way ) are in any way, shape or form, worse than what your current Cadets alum ( and other Cadets alums ) said, then you are probably too close to the trees to see the forest here, imo Cadets2000.

Just sayin'.

I don't need examples. I've read this thread already, but thanks for the information.

And believe me, I think that quote, as well as some of the others, as well as yours are all in the same category of terrible. But I've noticed that your comments are more along the lines of a finger picking at a scab. And I'm not the only one, as I'm sure you've already read. I just think a lot of you are blowing this way out of proportion and just need something else to complain about. But that's just my opinion. :smile:

• Like 5

I don't need examples. I've read this thread already, but thanks for the information.

And believe me, I think that quote, as well as some of the others, as well as yours are all in the same category of terrible. But I've noticed that your comments are more along the lines of a finger picking at a scab. And I'm not the only one, as I'm sure you've already read. I just think a lot of you are blowing this way out of proportion and just need something else to complain about. But that's just my opinion. :smile:

Maybe it's just selective reading here from you, Cadets 2000. I'm the one that commented above today (quote ) " June can't come soon enough ". The comments relate to this uniform issue with The Cadets being overblown. If you call that " finger picking at a scab " then I can just imagine how livid you must be with some of your fellow Cadets alums that walked out of the room when George told them his plans. I didn't walk out on George. And my comments regarding him and this issue is pretty tame compared to some of The Cadets alums words.. and actions. But hey if it makes you feel better to beat up on a non Cadets alum like me, and think I'm overreacting to it all, then go for it. I don't care. I won't lose any sleep over any of this, believe me.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just selective reading here from you, Cadets 2000. I'm the one that commented above today (quote ) " June can't come soon enough ". The comments relate to this uniform issue with The Cadets being overblown. If you call that " finger picking at a scab " then I can just imagine how livid you must be with some of your fellow Cadets alums that walked out of the room when George told them his plans. I didn't walk out on George. And my comments regarding him and this issue is pretty tame compared to some of The Cadets alums words.. and actions. But hey if it makes you feel better to beat up on a non Cadets alum like me, and think I'm overreacting to it all, then go for it. I don't care. I won't lose any sleep over any of this, believe me.

Oh I'm not beating up on you. It's not as bad as how you beat up on GH. I guess it's a little different for you when the shoe is on the other foot I guess? I'm just pointing out your one of many disdainful comments for "The Devil." I'll give you a little credit on your "June" comment though, although I just see it as a backpedal on what you've already said. But hey, I'm not here to cause anyone to lose any sleep so I'm glad you're not affected. :cool:

• Like 1