2011 SCV

Kick. ###.

• Like 1

www.scvanguard.org

There is also a video talking about the show. It also states that they are planning on having the show complete in time for the TOC tours that starts in June.

I know first hand that Vanguard alumni were not too happy about all their donations going to their awesome corps.. But SCV tour California with no show flags, no guard costumes and unfinished drill..

Sounds like an outstanding idea to make a strong push to get a solid program to bring to it's own family of fans..

SCV has been a "late starter" for many years..

I know I will be happy to see them here in Cali with a full show..

Well, I can only speak for the last two years, and I am not an alumni, (is there a term for a "parental" alumni?), but I attended every SCV show from Stanford to SoCal those two years. And I just feel compelled to say that, although the drill was unfinished...... there were completed guard costumes and nearly all the show flags. I photographed Ballet for M's guard at Stanford, and Bartok's guard in Riverside..... I loved their costumes that much.

Yes, it will be awesome this summer to see a more complete show, but my group and the fans around us very much enjoyed their Cali shows in '09 and '10, just as they were. Best of luck in 2011 SCV! Can't wait to see the Devil's Staircase!

• Like 3

I hope they continue with the style of drill they had last year. I thought it was outstanding, full of fresh ideas.

• Like 2