Flying Under The Radar

I've been reading the board and it seems no one is talking about the underdogs. To me, this year has A Ton of potential surprise corps. So it got mr thinking, who's flying under the radar??? Here's my thoughts.

Blue Knights- If u have not heard these guys on YouTube, you're missing out. Mature sounds, got strong retention from a year ago and the music book is Phenominal!! I cam tell Bocook is doing the music and Hardiman is doing the drum book and I love the way it's pieced together! Huge step in difficulty, I think they'll be making corps sweat above them come summer!! Best BK? Maybe but it's too early, best BK in the camps to this point- you betcha!!

Other surprise corps for me-

Crossmen- buckingham and Napier are gonna be big helps to this team, corps will be prepared for battle in the summer.

Troopers- out one year after being in, I bet they'll be out for blood in a big way.

Academy- always lurking, get the vibe they'll punch in sooner than later.

What's your corps that are flying low and avoiding being detected?

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

• Like 1

I just have a feeling this is gonna be a good year for the Colts. Look for them to knock someone out and make Finals.

• Like 1

I've been reading the board and it seems no one is talking about the underdogs. To me, this year has A Ton of potential surprise corps. So it got mr thinking, who's flying under the radar??? Here's my thoughts.

Blue Knights- If u have not heard these guys on YouTube, you're missing out. Mature sounds, got strong retention from a year ago and the music book is Phenominal!! I cam tell Bocook is doing the music and Hardiman is doing the drum book and I love the way it's pieced together! Huge step in difficulty, I think they'll be making corps sweat above them come summer!! Best BK? Maybe but it's too early, best BK in the camps to this point- you betcha!!

Wait what? Since when did Bocook start writing for BK? I thought Prime has been their brass arranger in recent years?

I've been reading the board and it seems no one is talking about the underdogs. To me, this year has A Ton of potential surprise corps. So it got mr thinking, who's flying under the radar???

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

BD and Cavies. Not a word out of either of them. I think they might be pretty good this year. :thumbup:

• Like 3

Wait what? Since when did Bocook start writing for BK? I thought Prime has been their brass arranger in recent years?

Prime an Bocook wrote for them last year, this year BK has gone with just Bocook. He's written amazing arrangements. Dare I say when you listen to BK this year, close your eyes and you'll swear you're hearing the Cadets- With King Horns- ha ha. It's cool to hear the mello/brass licks he's written or them this year, gonna be spectacular!!!

Wes P

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 1

The brass staff that has taken over at Glassmen is a true world class staff and they are going to do great things for that section and build on an already strong guard and percussion section. But it's the Glassmen. People will forget about them and predict everyone around them to knock them out and then at the end of the day, they'll be in finals where they are every year.

• Like 3

I like what I'm hearing out of Casper. :ninja:

I don't like posting things I hear from Troop folks though because I'd rather the corps speak for itself - either by posting official news or by seeing what they bring to the field. It's also not my position to bring information to the public that may not be accurate. Kyle Thompson posted about a handful of horn positions a while back (I think it was 4 openings).

I sometimes think there are assumptions among us fanatics about corps who don't engage in a lot of pre-season teasers and hype. But some corps just don't want to go there, and so they suffer from "sleeper or snoozer" speculations. I guess we'll see for sure come June!

Year, not years... ....and last year, Prime did a couple of pieces in the show, and Bocook did a couple of pieces in the show.

Boston

Other surprise corps for me-

Crossmen- buckingham and Napier are gonna be big helps to this team, corps will be prepared for battle in the summer.

Troopers- out one year after being in, I bet they'll be out for blood in a big way.

Academy- always lurking, get the vibe they'll punch in sooner than later.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98