Cadets2

This has thread of the year material all over it

This.

<clicks the "Watch" button at the top of the page..>

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

Ok, if they play by the rules set up by DCA and don't attempt to change DCA into DCI ~ should there be a problem with them joining the fold? No.....But if this is one person's way to revamp DCA to make it more like DCI in rules and instrumentation.....that ain't cool.....

Ok, if they play by the rules set up by DCA and don't attempt to change DCA into DCI ~ should there be a problem with them joining the fold? No.....But if this is one person's way to revamp DCA to make it more like DCI in rules and instrumentation.....that ain't cool.....

:withstupid:

I'm calling it...Amps and Electronics coming to DCA in 2013.

Hallelujah.

I doubt it goes that quick.

Five years, perhaps, the proposals might ramp up, assuming the corps takes off. Hop isn't going to be the director, although I can't imagine that he'd want anyone with a mindset contrary to his own regarding progress in that spot.

Who knows? Maybe Cadets2 is an olive branch to fans that DCI can't offer right now, and they'll just be content to march, play and spin.

Speculation is fun. :tongue:

On the DCA side, I see this as perhaps affecting Buccs most, due to proximity and the sharing of staff resources (there is some overlap, right?). On the DCI side, I see this as (potential) bad news for Surf.

In the long view, I too welcome the corps, as long as what Liz mentions does not come to pass.

Finally, I wonder how the corps will be viewed by the DCA old guard. Will we see the animosity that some show towards Buccs or Star United, especially if this age-restricted corps has quick competitive success?

Again, all very interesting to sit back and watch.

I doubt it goes that quick.

Five years, perhaps, the proposals might ramp up, assuming the corps takes off. Hop isn't going to be the director, although I can't imagine that he'd want anyone with a mindset contrary to his own regarding progress in that spot.

Who knows? Maybe Cadets2 is an olive branch to fans that DCI can't offer right now, and they'll just be content to march, play and spin.

Speculation is fun. :tongue:

More likely is that the Cadets are trying to take control of their own feeder program instead of leaving it up to other organizations. The fact that it's 22 and under makes it pretty clear that they are going to consider this their primary training ground for future Cadets (DCI), much like BDB and SCVC. With that comes certain expectations, the most obvious being that they'd want to make the experience as streamlined as possible between the two groups to facilitate smooth transitions for students from Cadets2 to The Cadets. This represents a unique training opportunity for the cadets, and I'm sure that as a world class organization they've thought long and hard about how to maximize their return on this endeavor.

This thread has epic win all over it. I'll start...

1) Great! Someone else to get roflstomped by Reading every year

2) Cause, you know, it worked out so well the last time YEA ran more than one drum corps

3) The DCAosaurs are probably having a seizure at the very thought of this

In all honesty, I see this having little to no impact on Reading. There are far fewer ties to Cadets there than people realize. I do see a potential impact on Jersey Surf though. I guess we'll find out. YEA does seem to be moving into new areas of late.