Blue Knights Show Announcement!

The music of the show totally works in a drum corps setting, for me. I watched a very early camp video back in January and I was already fist pumping. The arrangements are VERY musically exciting.

• Like 1

The music of the show totally works in a drum corps setting, for me. I watched a very early camp video back in January and I was already fist pumping. The arrangements are VERY musically exciting.

As opposed to the arrangements being visually exciting? :tongue:

• Like 3

I really hope they can build on last years show. I think last year was the best BK show ever. It will be hard to match.

2010 was def. one of the best BK shows I have seen. It will be hard to match but....I think BK will figure it out and give us another great show.

btw..a few years ago...I would never have guessed BK's banner would find its way to my sig...but last years show was just kick butt all the way...

Some pieces should stay in the concert band setting...

That's the way I feel about almost all of the wind ensemble material that has been presented by corps the last....what seems like billion years.... :shutup:

Sorry to go OT....

I really hope they can build on last years show. I think last year was the best BK show ever. It will be hard to match.

It seems somewhat formulaic - well-known European music worked in 2010, so let's try well-known English music in 2011. Still, if they can replicate last season's success, I'm not complaining.

It seems somewhat formulaic - well-known European music worked in 2010, so let's try well-known English music in 2011. Still, if they can replicate last season's success, I'm not complaining.

It'll be good. :) Being on the inside of the process last year and now this year, the two shows feel like two completely different animals. BK is still trying to find it's new voice - so the 2010 and 2011 show will definitely feel like they are pushing in the same direction. That may be what you are sensing.

And for those of you 1st Suite/Folk Song Suite non-believers, you probably haven't heard 1980s Lancers play it. ;)

I totally agree. I mean, the style is more indicative of a concert setting than a drum corps setting but its really going to sound great on the field. This show could change people's expectations of the kind of musicality that a drum corps can have.