Best marching bands in your state

I'm going to have to agree to disagree agreeably with the vast majority of people replying to this thread. This is the band that won BOA Grand Nationals the last two years...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sgqhMnMMr2Y

I believe that would have beat 12th place on down or at the very least...put up a good fight with the 12th, 13th and 14th place World Class corps. I would not go any higher than that though. As for the question regarding DCA corps, I think not only the finalists but about the top 20 in BOA Grand National Semis would KILL most DCA finalist corps.

This is a very good band. Very good.

But look at it...

Jacked up formations, players out of step, guard work sloppy at points, horn angles all over the place. And that trumpet feature may be VERY impressive for a band, but that is June sloppy for a WC corps. That soli section would not be allowed to sound like that with a WC drum corps.

But look at it...

Jacked up formations, players out of step, guard work sloppy at points, horn angles all over the place. And that trumpet feature may be VERY impressive for a band, but that is June sloppy for a WC corps. That soli section would not be allowed to sound like that with a WC drum corps.

I've seen and heard all of those things from lower WC corps in August. Sorry. Quality is quality. smile.gif

But look at it...

yeah, even if it weren't cluttered-looking with too many on the field, it would not have been able to compete with SF corps.

But look at it...

agree!!! Avon is a wonderful marching band and it takes that size band to win at BOA, but it ain't world class good.

Not to this extent and frequency of fault.

I know, it's hard to compare the two marching band types, but they're both good in their own ways.

I know, it's hard to compare the two marching band types, but they're both good in their own ways.

Oh for sure. It blows me away when I'm lucky enough to be able to go watch Grand Nats. The things some programs are capable of getting their students to perform is inspiring.

But look at it...

Lots of issues with basics...flat feet, carriage....etc....

Sorry....no band could touch any of today's dci top 17 (probably several more 18, 19...)

So, I think most can agree that the best high school bands in the activity would not compete with most of the DCI World Class corps. The biggest reason most seem to sight is the difference in rehearsal hours between HS band and DCI WC.

So what if we took the best high schools in the activity and compared them to DCA corps? We still have a wide gap in age/experience, but the rehearsal time levels the playing field a bit. Does anyone think the top HS marching bands could hang with DCA corps? Yes, I know this is probably the wrong forum, but since this branches out of a WC discussion I thought it wouldn't be too bad.

again, maybe with the lower levels, it could happen.