Best marching bands in your state

Well since Union, Broken Arrow and Owasso all come from the same metro and are 3 of the top 7 in Grand Nationals I figure the bands in my state would do pretty good. :tongue:

I somehow would like to think Black Gold and the people involved with it before the implosion would have been a small catalyst to what's going on in Tulsa.

As far as BOA bands go I would call Tulsa the capital.

Sure. If one were to pretend that Indiana bands didn't exist, one could make that claim.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Back to the topic. The best BOA bands would be proud to be competitive at Prelims. To be fair, I only saw the top corps 18 at Semis. They would not have made the top 18.

Edited by mingusmonk

Well since Union, Broken Arrow and Owasso all come from the same metro and are 3 of the top 7 in Grand Nationals I figure the bands in my state would do pretty good. :tongue:

I somehow would like to think Black Gold and the people involved with it before the implosion would have been a small catalyst to what's going on in Tulsa.

When Tulsa has 8 national championships like the Chicago area and 8 like the Indianapolis area, maybe they can be considered the capital of the BOA nation.

• Like 2

Sure. If one were to pretend that Indiana bands didn't exist, one could make that claim.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Back to the topic. The best BOA bands would be proud to be competitive at Prelims. To be fair, I only saw the top corps 18 at Semis. They would not have made the top 18.

But do they all come from one town? :tongue:

There's no question that the best BOA bands if they dropped their woodwinds to be legal, etc. could compete. Would they make Finals, no. Semis? Prob not. But there's a bunch of Open Class corps they would beat.

But who cares. Apples and Oranges. Different animals with different goals.

When Tulsa has 8 national championships like the Chicago area and 8 like the Indianapolis area, maybe they can be considered the capital of the BOA nation.

Who knows, who cares. Sorry I started us off on that tangent. :tongue:

It's high school marching band. I don't live there but same state so I get to see them. I was just going off last years placements and being all from one small city.

May the drum corps gods strike me down if I get dragged into a BOA pissing contest. :tongue:

and there are plenty of band circuits out there not named BOA. They all have some truly outstanding bands.

Butunless they adopted a DCI schedule, they would not fare well

• Like 1

Indy is definitely the hub for BOA some of the best hs bands besides texas and oklahoma.

Best in Michigan: Plymouth-Canton HS, Reese-Puffer HS, West Bloomfield HS

Ohio: Avon HS, Centerville HS, Dublin-Coffman (sometimes)

Hmm.. iowa? lol. The best bands in october would probably lose to just about every corps on the first day of move-ins.

Indy is definitely the hub for BOA some of the best hs bands besides texas and oklahoma.

Best in Michigan: Plymouth-Canton HS, Reese-Puffer HS, West Bloomfield HS

Ohio: Avon HS, Centerville HS, Dublin-Coffman (sometimes)

Armyscout,

Regarding Ohio, you're thinking of the wrong Avon HS. The BOA finalist one you're thinking of is in Indiana, West of Indianapolis..

You forgot Grove City ( Columbus) and William Mason ( near Kings Island, BOA finalist) ( Actually, Ohio used to be a LOT better in the past with Northmont, Kings, New Philadelphia, Westerville South, Westerville North, Westland, Central Crossing, Marietta, the Pickeringtons, et cetera)... I'm sure there are some more bands in the NE part of the state that are good but do NOT compete. Most Ohio bands don't really do BOA...