which would you rather have?

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have regarding recordings....

• corps puts up low quality (iphone etc) audio or video clips on their websites, they are just teasers and not very high quality
    • corps doesn't put any media up on their pages until it could be viewed in the best of quality live or recordings during the season.
  2. 2. What would you rather have regarding show announcements.

• corps announces the show title and a 'poster' and maybe a synopsis of what it's about, but no musical selections. Announcement occurs early in the winter season.
    • corps doesn't release any information about the show until they get all rights etc to announce the music, but it happens months later in the winter season.

some thread have me thinking... what do you think

me? I would rather have low quality recordings, just to get a taste. It's just nice to get an idea.

also I would rather have a very minor announcement earlier than wait longer for the full announcement including rep.

I see people complain about this both ways so I would like to see if there is a consensus.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

I voted for: JUST KEEP ME IN THE LOOP, THANKS.

If you have low quality recording of a part of ensemble... sure I'd love to hear it!

If you have a solid title or idea for a show in November, but it MAY completely change come January?... SURE let me know what's you're thinking! I promise I won't get mad if the idea does change.

If you have low quality recording of a part of ensemble... sure I'd love to hear it!

If you have a solid title or idea for a show in November, but it MAY completely change come January?... SURE let me know what's you're thinking! I promise I won't get mad if the idea does change.

I like the way you think (on other posts on DCP as well), want to be friends? :tongue:

• Like 1

Yup..pretty much sums it up for me as well..

QFT

AWKward.

hawkward.jpg

Edited by kaseyW

AWKward.

Oh, you're so funny, funnybot!

(1) I think too much is made over "themes" and "show titles". I can't speak for other fans, but when I go to a show, what I am hoping for

is great, exciting musical arrangements that are played very well and conveyed with emotion, and a visual package which is performed well and presents

the music. I am not looking for, nor do I care about, a "story". If it's obvious, ok, but it's not what I look for in a show. In the

"old days" (ok, call me a "homer"), it was not necessary to have a "theme", and not unusual for a corps to play a variety of things, perhaps totally

"unrelated", within a show. As long as they did it well, nobody seemed to mind. Occasionally, somebody does manage to communicate a theme so well that

the "theme" sells as well......ie 2008 Spartacus/Phantom comes to mind. However, I guess what I am saying is that I don't believe a show has to have

a theme/story............just great music presented well..............yet, corps seemed to be almost "obligated" these days to have and announce a theme.....

(2) With today's technology, I find it interesting that the corps don't post that many clips of their Spring rehearsals.....even when a piece is quite

presentable..........on the other end, I wouldn't post something that is not strong yet..........and I do think there is a bit of "secrecy".....

One thing I totally don't get is this......groups that show a rehearsal camp video, WITH PRE-RECORDED BACKGROUND MUSIC instead of the corps playing!!

If you don't want to reveal any of the show, fine, but at least post an audio of a good warmup of both the drumline and hornline........

All that said (and some negative....), I look forward to the season and to hear and see what the corps have come up with, and I hope we hear many strong

arrangements this year!

GB