What would you most like to see this season

Modern, progressive, unorthodox shows, incorporating unique music, melodies, set formations, percussion, props, etc.

This season, I want to be WOW'd by the corps whose shows I did not expect, the corps whose shows go out of their way to slap you in the face from the first step off, even from their opening set.

That is what I want.

Well that won't happen......just log on to DCP and you will find out

But I agree with you, I would actually love to see a season go by without all of that

yeah, i know it's pie in the sky.

but glad to see others think it would be pretty nifty to see.

What would make my year? If, at Championships week, the Blue Devils ditch the Bacharach ("Just kidding!") and unleash a fully prepared second show that's an homage to GWAR (complete with costumes).

• Like 1

You mean the "Bando nonsense" that left them undefeated for the last 2 seasons.......I bet you'd like to see them put that aside! And....pray tell, when did BD depart from the Business of Drum Corps???. :ph34r:

Having said that..... I would also like to see the Scouts do well this year, but I think SCV be the Bluecoats of 2011.

Hi Plan! Glad to see you're back! I look forward to the DCP entertainment after all of these shows a revealed!

I'm not sure what I'd like to see this season. I'll know if/when I see it.

beer at more shows

not looking to get ripped, too old for that but I do enjoy a beer or two at a show, it was nice they had it at finals, the refreshest !!!

F that noise! Drum corps drinking games for the win! A shot at each company front and chug during park and barks.

Troopers not only making finals, but they are closer to the first place score than 12th! :thumbup:

I know from a fan prospective last years show didn't make much sense. Yes it was a very complex musical and visual experience. But tell me, how is drum corps going to pull people in to watch and donate to the program when your average fan, who isn't attuned to music at all, can understand the complexities of a atonal show. You can't make it so complicated people can't understand it. If you were at finals watching the crowd, the only reason they clapped at the end was because the BD staff was waving their arms and jumping around, which made us assume that the show was ending.

and, IMO, despite all the "Oh people just hate BD" crap spewed on here, it was the smallest victory run crowd I can ever remember.

and the first one I ever skipped

I'm done here. This is nolonger a discussion, just revisionist therapy. Get over it!

you crack me up.

and, IMO, despite all the "Oh people just hate BD" crap spewed on here, it was the smallest victory run crowd I can ever remember.

and the first one I ever skipped

In all fairness many people skip that stuff now a days just like the old retreats there would always be a handful of people on the 50 hootin and hollerin and the rest are running for the parking lot to get out.