Troop2011

i see them makeing 10th

While I would LOVE to see this happen - and I truly want it to! - I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the great shows that are happening all around the 9-15+ set right now. It's fantastic!

If you've seen the show live, let us know what you think! I'm dying for some more detailed reviews, but I know it's early yet. Drum corps withdrawal stinks! :tongue:

The people are loving your show, YES!

GO TROOPERS!

BRING IT!

I heard that Troop had a huge standing ovation tonight!!!! This show seems to bring out the inner-Trooper in all of its fans. :worthy::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Loving the Trooper thread and hoping for another run on finals! Looking forward to seeing how they match up once the regionals start.

Reading this thread today I ran into the talk about the uniform and the usual discussion on tradition vs. modern approach. Personally I have a different view. To me the great tradition that is the Troopers is their focus on driving their members to be excellent people in all aspects of life. Using the show as a vehicle to create an excellent product that represents the drive and passion needed to excel. While the uniform is a link to the tradition, I think pursing the highest levels of performance possible and creating a product that lives up to the standard of excellence is what is important. Tradition is only strong if you are continually evolving and adding to it. I also feel that it cannot be allowed to be a weight to carry that inhibits you from being excellent now.

I am sure this will draw the ire of those who call for a return to the past. It is not meant to. I simply think we ( myself included as an alumni) need to let these Troopers blaze new trails and live up to that tradition of excellence in their own way. Their effort and dedication day in and day out is how they honor the long blue line, regardless if they have a yellow scarf or yellow collar.

I love the direction Troop is headed in and am excited for the corp. They have been generating a lot of excitement so far. I'd love for more show reviews and updates on how the show is progressing. I also hope they keep the focus on creating new history to add to the proud history of the organization!

You make us proud every day. Go Troop!

• Like 3

Hey, Troop squeaked by Colts last night in their first meeting.

That puts them, Colts and Spirit into the 12-14 slot in the (to-date not-head-to-head with-different-panels meaningless) standings.

Loving the Trooper thread and hoping for another run on finals! Looking forward to seeing how they match up once the regionals start.

Reading this thread today I ran into the talk about the uniform and the usual discussion on tradition vs. modern approach. Personally I have a different view. To me the great tradition that is the Troopers is their focus on driving their members to be excellent people in all aspects of life. Using the show as a vehicle to create an excellent product that represents the drive and passion needed to excel. While the uniform is a link to the tradition, I think pursing the highest levels of performance possible and creating a product that lives up to the standard of excellence is what is important. Tradition is only strong if you are continually evolving and adding to it. I also feel that it cannot be allowed to be a weight to carry that inhibits you from being excellent now.

I am sure this will draw the ire of those who call for a return to the past. It is not meant to. I simply think we ( myself included as an alumni) need to let these Troopers blaze new trails and live up to that tradition of excellence in their own way. Their effort and dedication day in and day out is how they honor the long blue line, regardless if they have a yellow scarf or yellow collar.

I love the direction Troop is headed in and am excited for the corp. They have been generating a lot of excitement so far. I'd love for more show reviews and updates on how the show is progressing. I also hope they keep the focus on creating new history to add to the proud history of the organization!

Excellent post, all around! I agree strongly with the section I bolded. Reclaiming the tradition of music and movement excellence is clearly a goal, along with other internal traditions. My favorite was/is the buttons from the old jackets.

I think the current version of the uniform is difficult for some to enjoy, but I actually like it quite a bit for how it pulls from the color history of the blue and gold. I'm looking forward to the possibility of a return to a more military bearing some year down the road. But right now I really do love the drop sash and the new gold sash on the jacket. I can't wait to see it in person rather than on a screen!

:ph34r:

I didn't get to SEE the show last night, but MAN COULD I HEAR THEM !! :thumbup::thumbup:

Best sound I've heard from Troop in a very, very long time..I suspect that might have been why they got a big ovation from the crowd in Woodbury last night. I will be following them and the Colts very closely this summer..

GO TROOPERS!!

Pat

Edited by goalieguy
  • Like 1

That puts them in the (to-date not-head-to-head with-different-panels meaningless) standings.

Now THATS an apt description, imo.. ( haha)

I agree 100% with the bolded statement.