1st TOC Show Prediction Thread

Not everyone's but there is quite a bit of stuff out there for the various corps if you know where to find it.

Cadets, Crown, Phantom come to mind, and Blue Stars have had a couple short-lived runthrough leaks.

I'm admittedly biased, but I think Blue Stars have some potential, and from what i saw in Pella the other night, theyre a step up from where they were this time last year.

Honestly - Every Corps is "much further ahead than last year" around now... :tongue:

• Like 1

Honestly - Every Corps is "much further ahead than last year" around now... :tongue:

Haha, true.

I'll see your double meaning and raise it with mine- 'step up'...

253902_10150207975506923_31457951922_7513507_7312487_n.jpg

Haha, true.

I'll see your double meaning and raise it with mine- 'step up'...

253902_10150207975506923_31457951922_7513507_7312487_n.jpg

So is that the prop of the season for the Blue Stars? Looks dangerous.

They've rehearsed and used the scaffolding prop a few times already now without incident. There are guard railings on the back, the platforms are secured with c-clamps so when you step on them they don't bend down under weight, we use a bunch of tie downs underneath the platforms to further secure the sections together so they don't move and shake around. They are supposedly getting night-city-scape canvass panels for the front.

They use the scaffolding for all 3 sections of the corps at one points or another.

That is all I'm going to tell anyone. Come see the show! I was with them last year and Houdini show was ok, but this show is definitely more difficult both music- and visual-wise, and they really seem to be stepping up to the challenge. When I first arrived in Indy with the corps the day before we went back to Wisconsin, and saw their public preview there, I was like no way are they going to do this show successfully, it's too difficult for them, they've bitten off more than they could chew! But I think I've pretty much guessed wrong on that. They really seem to be stepping it up. I'd say they were at about the 73-74 pt area as of last night in Emporia, KS.

Not sure how much they've progressed today in the 105 degree heat here in Aledo, TX, and I've been sleeping since 10am (we got here at 7am) but I will go watch ensemble tonight after dinner and hear how they sound. I don't think they have any bleachers for the practice field they are using (which btw is turf) but I can still hear.

They've rehearsed and used the scaffolding prop a few times already now without incident. There are guard railings on the back, the platforms are secured with c-clamps so when you step on them they don't bend down under weight, we use a bunch of tie downs underneath the platforms to further secure the sections together so they don't move and shake around. They are supposedly getting night-city-scape canvass panels for the front.

They use the scaffolding for all 3 sections of the corps at one points or another.

That is all I'm going to tell anyone. Come see the show! I was with them last year and Houdini show was ok, but this show is definitely more difficult both music- and visual-wise, and they really seem to be stepping up to the challenge. When I first arrived in Indy with the corps the day before we went back to Wisconsin, and saw their public preview there, I was like no way are they going to do this show successfully, it's too difficult for them, they've bitten off more than they could chew! But I think I've pretty much guessed wrong on that. They really seem to be stepping it up. I'd say they were at about the 73-74 pt area as of last night in Emporia, KS.

Not sure how much they've progressed today in the 105 degree heat here in Aledo, TX, and I've been sleeping since 10am (we got here at 7am) but I will go watch ensemble tonight after dinner and hear how they sound. I don't think they have any bleachers for the practice field they are using (which btw is turf) but I can still hear.

We expect a report on their progress later tonight! Thanks for the information. Looking forward to seeing this show.

I'll take a stab at this!

1. Blue Devils - They are always very clean right out the gate.

2. Carolina Crown - Past few years have been clean early, and I see no change in that this year.

3. The Cadets - This show has a lot of layers to it with tons left to clean...could end up lower though.

4. Bluecoats - Great show with lots of dirt out the door.

5. Cavies - Great product just not quite complete product.

6. Phantom Regiment - Beautiful horn line and book but not quite as good as the five in front.

7. Santa Clara Vanguard - Great show...just lots of cleaning ahead!

8. Blue Stars - TONS of potential with this show...will be right on the heels of SCV and Phantom

I have a feeling things will change drastically from Saturday to Sunday! I do not see an undefeated season for BD but they are always strong, so anything is possible! Good Luck to everyone!

That is the perception, but as is true every year, some corps ARE actually improved, and some aren't. The bias is what keeps everything muddy until the 2nd week or so of tour when everything shakes out.

EDIT: Although this thread is in reference to the first show in Saginaw, TX. It is NOT a TOC show, like the title of the thread suggests. However, it is all, and only TOC/G8 corps performing. Sorry about the confusion everyone!

1. Blue Devils (not by much)

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

4. Crown

5. Cavaliers

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Blue Stars

8. Santa Clara Vanguard

you guys call me when the Bluecoats drop to 6th as predicted here twice.

I'll keep my phone on Monday night.

Hey man forgot to call you but, uh, Bluecoats got 6th on Saturday night.