The Saginaw Saloon

The corps know WAY ahead of time when the first show is. This is purely their fault for not getting their acts together.

As long as the judging community turns a blind eye to it, it will continue. If this actually, LEGITIMATELY effected scores early on, corps would come out prepared.

It sounds like you have it so figured out. I think some corps needs your assistance to help them get their act together since you are clearly ona different plane than the rest of these idiot managers, instructors, and designers of these low rent drum corps. Man, I can't wait to see what lucky corps gets your help, oh wise one.

Some people save up all their money, poor kids, kids from miles away, old drum corps vets. Sometimes they only get to see one show a season and the product they see isn't even finished. I'm not talking a "clean and polished product"... but not even the real product at all.

Oh please. It is early season drum corps. You have a choice. You can come to a later show and see the whole thing cleaned, complete, and polished, or you can come to a show when it is most convenient for you and run the risk of it not. It has been like this for decades. People that went to the show last night either knew that, should have known that, or didn't care.

I show up at the movies and get to watch the entire movie except the last 10 minutes, in which there is no sound. That's what I liken it to.

Interesting. If a producer of a movie doesn't feel like the movie is going to be ready, do you know what he does? He delays the opening of the movie. In drum corps you can't delay when the first show is but you can delay when parts of YOUR show are put out there.

Remember when Crown came out on fire last year and spanked everyone they saw for the first month of the season? The were numerous quotes on here that were like this: "This is a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber show RIGHT NOW!!!".... at the end of the season: 4th.

• Like 2

I got different info from someone one of the corps staff. It was so close!

1: Cadets - 70.36

2. Blue Stars - 70.35

3. Cavaliers - 70.34

4. Devils - 70.33

5. Crown = 70.32

6. BlueCoats - 70.31

7. Phantom - 70.30

8. SCV - 70.29

This is incorrect. You do not have the scores, nobody on here does.

I think it's time for me to stop reading these forums and move on- I"m sure you agree. The only reason I come here is to get information about stuff that's happening across the country from me- I'm a fan of my kid, first last and middle.

It's an acquired taste ! And there *is* good stuff on here. You just have to wade through the more...err.. passionate responses.

I'm sure that BD/Cavies would have preferred to perform a more complete show (especially since they're appearing in a nationwide theatrical broadcast tomorrow night). No amount of "explaining" is going to satisfy some people. Both corps knew they were gonna hear it from fans (and maybe even from DCI) about showing up with standstill endings.

I got a phone call from the lot last night -- dropped DCP in a heartbeat to take that call :-)

Edited by corpsband

Sounds like SCV has a lot of work to do. Although, that's how 1998 started, and look where they ended up. Just a thought.

Incorrect. That is how 1997 started.

1998 they were strong out of the gates. In 97 they were awful early season, but finished 3rd.

Edited by roosevelt

1998 they were strong out of the gates. In 97 they were awful early season, but finished 3rd.

Haven't seen the show. All my info comes from here, but...thoughts...

Elsa's is one of my favorite memories of PR. I'm going to love hearing it.

Upside-down tenors playing on their heads? OMG. Please. Are we down to that cheese now? Cripes, I saw that hokey stuff from marching bands 35 years ago. I love Cavies, but they hadn't better rely on this type of stuff to sell their show. And let's not induce applause by picking the lowest-hanging fruit - I'd rather see an applause sign. No, I haven't seen the show.

Wind? Storms? Delays? That used to be part of the mystique of drum corps that was a wild card. The way people are complaining about, or using for excuses, the weather, the case for all-indoor drum corps, particularly for the TOC shows, stays strong.

Unfinished shows? At a TOC show? Not acceptable, period. If this group is going to hold themselves out as the "creme" of the activity, then they darn-well better give out a show that's complete and enjoyable - even if it's not their finished product. Imagine all these expected newbies coming to see what all the hype is about, only to sit through 30 seconds of standstill? Granted, a newbie would probably love park and bark (there's a hint there), but it's not really the "creme", is it? And yes, I know it's the first show so notice I didn't say "clean" because I don't expect that. But "complete" should be the bare minimum to gain acceptance in this group, imho.

I can't wait to see them on Monday night...

Incomplete drill and no guard unis is unacceptable for G8; I agree. Can't believe they are all whining about the heat and wind either. Bones has been in it for 3 1/2 weeks straight and never heard them complain once. TOC should stand for "The Other Corps."

Gotcha. Sorry bout that. And just for the record, that's some freak weather even for Texas. lol This year's been crazy. We went from -8 degrees to 81 in 4 days earlier this year. Texas is definitively the bi-polar state weather wise. :lookaround:

• Like 1