Hop Answered Questions

As advertised on Cadets website, Hop answered questions on the Cadets FB page this past Thursday. I wasn't sure exactly how it would work, but was on the page at 7:30 this past Thursday. The corps was heading out of TN and got snagged by weather, so they took a rain check but asked people to post their questions on the wall so he could answer them later. I guess he took the time to do that today. Some cool things that have already been discussed but since answered from George himself:

-Pit will stay neutral in traditional uni

-50% of the corps is first year members, but doing well.

-Show concept is pretty much complete and will take July to fill in characterization

-If some have seen the Angels/Demons battle in 160bpm, they initially were tossing "sticks" at the climax but was deemed too dangerous by Dci (judge or admin person could get caught in the middle). Feature was re-written. Interesting as there is another thread regarding safety issues with field show choices.

-Implied that there will be 2 variations to end of the show. He said tonight, the Angels will win. After that, who knows.

What a crazy cool concept to have a Q&A like this! He responded to every question that was posted. Technology and Hop's willingness to reply have given drum corps an "interactive" setting that is simply fantastic.

• Like 1

text your choice... which judge gets "sticked" in the finale! :ph34r:

• Like 3

It's not often I agree with Hoppy, but I really like the 2 ending option. Too bad I'm only seeing them once, though.

• Like 1

OK, on the running total of Hop's perceived sanity, he gets a few points of love for this.

Interacting with "us", regardless of what he calls "us", is an excellent way to build some good will.

I love the two show ending idea.

"Now George, I know you like being a star here, but do DCI a favor and get the other directors on here as well", is what I'd say to him.

Then I'd wish him good luck and enjoy his season.

Edited by garfield

OK, on the running total of Hop's perceived sanity, he gets a few points of love for this.

Interacting with "us", regardless of what he calls "us", is an excellent way to build some good will.

The Cadets have done more than any corps (in my mind) to build goodwill this season. Great video coverage. Great posts by George on his facebook page. I give George a tremendous amount of credit and appreciation.

I'd put PR in second, as they've done a great job with videos and facebook pics as well.

The Cadets have done more than any corps (in my mind) to build goodwill this season. Great video coverage. Great posts by George on his facebook page. I give George a tremendous amount of credit and appreciation.

I'd put PR in second, as they've done a great job with videos and facebook pics as well.

I agree in total, it's a great idea to commune with us and, sure, he knows it.

And I want to get the other directors and execs on here as well in a free-flowing way. I only know of four directors who have openly posted here. As I recall, Madison has kept up pretty well, too.