STANFORD!

Great read Tricia!!! I agree with you 100%. huge step forward for BK now it's just time to start cleaning that Beast! By the by I heard your Go Stacia yell before BK how awesome!!!

Wes P

Great read Tricia!!! I agree with you 100%. huge step forward for BK now it's just time to start cleaning that Beast! By the by I heard your Go Stacia yell before BK how awesome!!!

Wes P

I am one proud Mom. Craig being a tech and Stacia's first year. Their dream has come true. Stacia wanted to go with her brother so bad in '98. I have a picture of her then, she was smaller than the bus tire, I took one of her standing in front of the same tire before she left. I also have one of her and Craig where he was standing next to the Blue Knights bus on the side, 13 years later I have the same bus and the two of them taking off. . Life is good!

• Like 1

Loved the number of corps on the field all with great shows, it's June, I enjoy seeing where a show can improve and recognize when the scores keep you in the hunt and I've got no problem with the gaps Cadets/BD versus PR/SCV - I just thought the BK show should have been closer with PR/SCV scores. BD horns were really freaking loud. Mandarins had the only show where I thought I had seen the whole show, every other show there was so much happening I'll need to see them again. If Cadets could somehow figure how to get the red marching memmbers into the white unis, I'll declare them the winner. Otherwise it looks like two corps on the field.

1 hour car ride, $5 Bridge Toll, 4 tickets, 160 bucks. Food vendors cash only and another 40 bucks. Cheesburger and Garlic fries were excellent tho.

No program.. too many people in the stands talking to others around them about drum corp, scores, history, and the show.

Way too much time for intermission. Should have started at 6pm instead of 6:45pm.

The Transition between the Pit sections coming and leaving the field needs to be fixed. Sometimes it really seems to make more sense to have them all use the same podium and sound equipment. Adjust during th warmup.

And for goodness sake, stop putting BDC on after BDB. Build up..BDC, Revolution, SCVC, then BDB..sheesh.

Encore...put the hornline in a semi circle at the rails in front of the crowd not in the field and to the right. That's just silly.

And while I'm at it, why not have the encore before the scores? Nothing worse than having the pit equipment on the field during the scores and freaking give the DM/CG captains something to take home besides a hand shake!

I'll probably stream it to my TV next year and pay a reasonable price to see another show and chat with you guys.

Edited by jhallman

BD

Nice sound, enjoyed the music.

What pisses me off about this show is what's ###### me off about BD for the past few years. The design team has come up with a formula where they deliberately limit simultaneous demand. If you compare what BD does to say Cadets or Vanguard, they design their show so that rarely does the hornline need to play and do any difficult marching at the same time. 20 seconds of beautiful horn playing while standing still, followed by 20 seconds of marching while the percussion takes over, rinse, repeat. For cryin' out loud you have some of the most talented kids in the activity, you should be stretching them to the limit not watering down the simultaneous demand.

This is an outstanding observation. I totally agree with not just the remark about BD though, but about the activity in general, for the most part. The simultaneous demand, IMO, gets missed on the judges' sheets and that is to me a cop out for many corps' to exploit this, just to score better. Look, for example, at 1991 Star...was it totally clean visually? No. BNut listen to what they are playing and marching to. Insane demand!

Also, the sound quality from the main concourse men's bathroom is AMAZING!!!. I got there early and caught BD rehearsing. When the renovations were done to Stanford Stadium, the bathrooms do not have any ceiling, except for the underside of the upper deck stands, which are aluminum. You do not miss anything from a audio standpoint, while using the facilities. :thumbup:

Also, the sound quality from the main concourse men's bathroom is AMAZING!!!. I got there early and caught BD rehearsing. When the renovations were done to Stanford Stadium, the bathrooms do not have any ceiling, except for the underside of the upper deck stands, which are aluminum. You do not miss anything from a audio standpoint, while using the facilities. :thumbup:

In all sincerity, I really kinda love that we just got a critique of the bathroom acoustics at a football stadium! :thumbup:

is this going to be put up on the fan network ? I thought I remember last year that all the 'recorded live' events, were put up on FN the next day for all subscribers to watch. I have the cheap subscription

I've been looking and I haven't seen it until last night. It's not under where it should be. Go to the "on the field" tab, and look to the right side. Click "watch live", and you'll be able to scroll through the entire "live" webcast. I'm surprised it's still like this.

EDIT: Actually, you don't need to do anything. Just log in, and look to the right of the Fan Network. There it is. Whoop.

Edited by Noname

Funny, but completely understand where you are coming from on this. Now if they could only put tv's/monitors above the urinals....