1. 1. How High Can ReBourne Go?

• It will win the Gold!
    • Top 3
    • Top 6
    • They'll finish in 8th as usual lately
    • They'll barely stay in the Top 12
    • They'll fall out of the Top 12
    • They won't make it past Prelims

I guess they just haven't been near the top long enough to get fair scores just yet

Wait....what?

• Like 1

I am also shocked they are not scoring higher...the first half of the show makes me dizzy just trying to watch all the drill movement. I guess they just haven't been near the top long enough to get fair scores just yet

Ya I don't agree with this either. They're probably scoring right where they should be. By numerous accounts their show is maybe top 3-4 in demand, and demand doesn't get rewarded until it's clean. Blue Stars design shows to peak in August, and sometimes their score suffers early season because of it. FCO is more than a corps motto, it's the corps design motto, and the truth.

• Like 1

I haven't actually seen the show for real (just on the Voldemort website), but the arrangements were a little underwhelming. It looks like, though I can't really tell from far away, that the guard is once again wearing some brown color. You can love or hate Michael Shapiro's guard work (too busy vs. incredible), but his costume choices have always been a little iffy for me *coughCrown2002cough*

Ya I don't agree with this either. They're probably scoring right where they should be. By numerous accounts their show is maybe top 3-4 in demand, and demand doesn't get rewarded until it's clean. Blue Stars design shows to peak in August, and sometimes their score suffers early season because of it. FCO is more than a corps motto, it's the corps design motto, and the truth.

Happens all the time. How many times have you heard "The judging is rigged" when Corps "B" passes corps "A" later in the season after "A" was beating "B" by 2 points early in the season ? Lots of chicken counting going on here on DCP right now ph34r.gif

• Like 1

Thats the funny thing about all the criticism of this prop. Im not a prop fan in general, but this one is less intrusive than prior years (especially the factory!), but its taking 10x the heat.

I actually am a prop fan, and I don't mind this prop - I just dislike how it's (not) integrated (well) into the show yet, especially in the opener. Forget the gimmicky entrance, push it backfield a lot more, and then open up the drill a bit and I'd probably love it.

With all due respect i dont understand all the hype on Stars being a top 6 corp. Sure everything is working for them but I just see the more consistent corps such as PR and SCV beating them out (Madison too, but consistent is arguable). Will they finish top 8? I believe so. But anything higher than 7th is just unlikely. Id love for Stars to prove me wrong however...

• [*]This is one of the 2 most entertaining shows this year (it's between cadets and blue stars).

You have an interesting take on this, regarding the Blue Stars having " one of the 2 most entertaining shows this year ". I'm looking forward to seeing the show live before making judgment. I do know that the Blue Stars performed live in Texas among 8 of the World Class Division Corps there, and fans voted them 7th out of the 8 Corps there in that competition.

Edited by BRASSO

I saw them the first time live last night.

The scaffolding adds nothing and in facts detracts, it’s a tick amplifier...

I haven't seen the show, so I can't agree or disagree with your comments, but this kind of thorough consideration is most helpful.

I saw this show in Lisle and I was not expecting to be so entertained -- I really enjoy this show! The music appeals to me the whole time and the visual has a lot of really cool things going for it. :thumbup: Probably my favorite Blue Stars show to date.

Also, I was at the same show as whoever said the scaffolding detracts, and I don't think it does. I think it will be a good day when they replace the black tarps on it, but I think visually it works fine.

Edited by Stryfe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...