Cadets will win this year

It's possible. Cavies seem to be peaking score wise.

I have to kindly disagree with you. I could argue the same thing about Cadets, The Cavaliers will keep pushing towards finals. The Cavies have the tools just like Cadets this season. Personally I am hoping for a tie between Cadets and Cavies this year... both are fantastic shows! :thumbup:

• Like 1

I've never felt that numerical scores mattered all that much. It usually comes down to who you beat and what the spread is.

• Like 1

Cadets need a stronger closer to win, IMO. I've liked the Cadets live and on FN this season, but after the Denver webcast, I wasn't surprised when BD caught them. Cadets need to make some changes, so does everybody else - it's still too early to tell who will fare the best after that.

Still, this is looking like the most credible shot at a ring the Cadets have had since 2007.

Don't think I'd put BD's visual program on the same level as Cadets or Cavies. They are more a "stage show" and do very little in the way of marching compared to the other two or some of the corps that have "no shot." But, I don't ever count BD out. Do not underestimate Crown this year. Musically, and programing wise, they have a great show and should find themselves in the hunt.

Edited by Rocketman
  • Like 1

It's possible. Cavies seem to be peaking score wise.

To think the Cavies will peak too soon is an unprepared thought. There is no way the design team and the instructional staff would allow that to happen. I am sure they have one, two or more adjustments/additions to make should they be needed.

That being said my money is on the Cadets.

• Like 1

Cadets have a good shot this year. DCI still owes them one from 2007. Don't think this isn't mentally in the backs of the dci judges community -- they got that one wrong and "they" as a collective group (IMO) know it.

That aside - they have the horn line, drill and concept that can win, figure they will add even more meat to the drill and redo much of the guard book over the next few weeks. Need to make the end of the opener harder, fix some drill/guard placement issues in the ballad and fix the closer. It is too brief and needs a bigger ending. Do that and Cadets will challenge Cavaliers with BD in 3rd. Personally I think Crown is a "fix" for fourth with SCV breathing down their neck by finals week with their drumline leading the way. Bluecoats will finish probably next. Regiment might be the "wild card" finishing anywhere from 6th to 10th - a couple other corps could take them out finals week. For whatever reason (cough:visual program:cough) I get the feeling they will be passed by finals week.

It's a great year - with a couple top notch shows. But like MOST years it will come down to Cavaliers/BD/Cadets...

• Like 3

Cadets have a good shot this year. DCI still owes them one from 2007. Don't think this isn't mentally in the backs of the dci judges community -- they got that one wrong and "they" as a collective group (IMO) know it.

That aside - they have the horn line, drill and concept that can win, figure they will add even more meat to the drill and redo much of the guard book over the next few weeks. Need to make the end of the opener harder, fix some drill/guard placement issues in the ballad and fix the closer. It is too brief and needs a bigger ending. Do that and Cadets will challenge Cavaliers with BD in 3rd. Personally I think Crown is a "fix" for fourth with SCV breathing down their neck by finals week with their drumline leading the way. Bluecoats will finish probably next. Regiment might be the "wild card" finishing anywhere from 6th to 10th - a couple other corps could take them out finals week. For whatever reason (cough:visual program:cough) I get the feeling they will be passed by finals week.

It's a great year - with a couple top notch shows. But like MOST years it will come down to Cavaliers/BD/Cadets...

I think the Cadets will do ok this year :-)

• Like 6

I don't think they will. Visually, they're top notch - it's a joy to watch. Musically, not so much. (Though I must disclaim that I don't don't don't like their music choices this year, so take that with a grain of salt.)

Mike

• Like 1

Nah, is there a good chance? Maybe, but it's far to early to tell still. Yes they're changing their show, but so are other corps. It took about 3/4 of the season last year for the Cavaliers to start going full throttle and it's only 1/2 of the way. They have a shot, but we can't tell if they will yet.