La Crosse Lager

Do corps still get paid in a rainout?

Yes. If you put on a show you pay the corps whether they play or its a rain out.

Thats the main reason there are no refunds.

Lets hope this all passes through so we get a show in Mpls. tomorrow.

Yes. If you put on a show you pay the corps whether they play or its a rain out.

Thats the main reason there are no refunds.

Lets hope this all passes through so we get a show in Mpls. tomorrow.

I hear that..... we need that rain here in Texas. And it would be pretty hard to rain out a show in the Alamodome. So lets keep our fingers crossed for a dry night in the Twin Cities.

Atlanta 2006. Rain delay in a dome.

How so?

Roof leaked. Upper decks had water flowing down to main level.

Thanks. I seem to recall in the early days of domes, the humidity sometimes got so high inside it would actually rain a little till they figured out how to handle this new environment.

Thanks. I seem to recall in the early days of domes, the humidity sometimes got so high inside it would actually rain a little till they figured out how to handle this new environment.

That was because the natural water cycle would draw the air to the top of the dome, and because of the air conditioning inside, it would re-condense into rain. Fun fact, that exact reason was why vents were placed in the dome of the U.S. Capitol building, so that it wouldn't rain in the rotunda. :thumbup:

A "fan favorite" show doesn't necessarily mean it's a really good show.

A lot of people would go nuts in the stands if the Scouts did nothing but those slowly-forming company fronts, make the fleur-de-lis, the M, and then some dancing around, or a combination of those 4, but that doesn't make it a really good show.

And don't ask me what "a really good show" consists of. I know what a really good show looks like, and it's not the above mentioned. Not anymore, at least.

• Like 2

Ask the legacy fans at the shows whether they think that. And I'm quite sure that Scouts will get as big or a bigger crowd reaction than any corps they compete against, which = fan favorite. How you or I feel won't change that.

I've already been at a show this season where a corps got a bigger crowd reaction than the scouts did.

• Like 3