DCI Minnesota 16 July 2011

At least until Cavies, Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Cadets.

I do agree the spread is getting really thin. Blue Devils drumline @ DATR was pretty insane. Haven't seen Cavies drumline in a few weeks, and Cadets drumline was pretty sloppy at DATR.

It's not rude. He just doesn't think Madison is Top 6 material. Neither do I. It's not the end of the world.

It was a rude, taunting comment.

If I said the same thing with regard to, say, Glassmen regarding their ability to make top 12, people would be all over me for making a crass comment like that...and rightfully so.

But hey, just pointing it out since people always want examples.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the audio is from the box tonight. We had the mics piped in from the field in Denver. It's unfortunate, but I promise you the mix is as optimal as can be. If you jump on support, ask for Mat, and tell me about your computer, I might be able to optimize your machine's audio levels. They might be the key in getting you a better level. It is a little lighter tonight than Denver, but that's by design to not get the ambience from 100ft up as much.

I will bump it a dB or two though, after SCV if that's a consensus.

Please do, that would be awesome!

Unfortunately, the audio is from the box tonight. We had the mics piped in from the field in Denver. It's unfortunate, but I promise you the mix is as optimal as can be. If you jump on support, ask for Mat, and tell me about your computer, I might be able to optimize your machine's audio levels. They might be the key in getting you a better level. It is a little lighter tonight than Denver, but that's by design to not get the ambience from 100ft up as much.

Thanks for the explanation, makes complete sense and I think I already figured that the mics were at the box instead tonight. Makes an amazing difference, doesn't it?

Yes, please bump up the dB...I think I can speak for the rest of us, we don't mind turning down the levels if it gets too high :)

Loved Madison's sound, but I think the drill needs a bit more (and maybe it will be pumped up in the next several weeks). On the other hand, Santa Clara has a beast of a drill, but the music isn't doing a lot for me. Strange contrast. . . .

Bump it...bump it :thumbup:

I really appreciate the straight ahead drum corps style of the Vanguard. No leg shaking or contorting while playing, just great drum corps.

• Like 1

If I said the same thing with regard to, say, Glassmen regarding their ability to make top 12, people would be all over me for making a crass comment like that...and rightfully so.

If you looked at some of the more recent posts, you'd see that he was actually paraphrasing a movie quote (I didn't get it, either), but that doesn't matter.

Also, in my experiences here, it seems like the Madison people on this board are really the only ones that actually jump down peoples' throats whenever they make a comment about Madison that's anything less than "omg best thing since sliced bread."

• Like 5

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry if you took it wrong.

• Like 3