Changed Perceptions after the Minneapolis Regional

Based on FanNetwork viewing:

Bluecoats made A LOT of changes, for the better, this week. I think they will move up from 6th at San Antonio. Awesome drumline that is in the running for the Sanford title.

Love the fact that BD makes me want to stand and cheer again.

Cadets have the best total visual package in DCI...

and the playing ain't too bad either. :worthy:

Cavies are a MACHINE...an entertaining machine.

SCV brass is MUCH improved since Texas.

Madison Scouts have a GREAT show and they will move up the leader board for the 3rd consecutive year.

Can any other corps say that this year?

At Indy the 12th spot will be determined by which corps performs the best on Friday night between Spirit and Troopers.

Some things changed over the weekend. I really thought that SCV had a chance to place top 3 if they cleaned their show, but since Crown added so much, I think top 3 is going to be Cavies, Cadets, and Crown in that order. Although I wouldn't be surprised at any variation of these 3.

Teal Sound has actually surprised me. I didn't like their show on the first 2 viewings very well. But they have really improved, and while there are still a couple of things in their show I am not excited with, I find myself enjoying more of their show than parts I don't like. Guard is much improved over the last week.

I love the new changes in Phantom show. Much improved over last week, but still not seeing them beating Bluecoats at all.

One thing that changed was my perception of the judges. I thought the state of judging has been sad the last few years, but this year has hit an all time low. I know DCI is setting it up to try to get more butts in the seats come finals week, but this has gotten ridiculous. I can sometimes understand a placement slip or 2, but to have a corps 4 spots above where their performance level is??? Come on. And almost everyone with a clue can see what is going on. What a sad state this activity has become. Guess it is time for this couple to take a break from all the bs.

• Like 3

Amen!! The performance order was atrocious yesterday! Corps should be seeded for competition based off a current year not the past year!!

• Like 1

I myself wonder about this portion of the show, beautiful song and solo, nice low brass support, not so sure the silk gets the visual impact needed. Could be losing some needed visual moments.

I agree with this assessment too. Boston needs to clarify the tarp bit. I like Boston's show this year. But right now, the tarp bit reminds me of watching the groundskeepers pull the tarp over the field at Fenway Park in a Red Sox game rain delay, ya know ? If we could see the silouettted dancers behind the bari soloist under the tarp, it would probably attain the desired effect. But last night on the computer screen, it was like looking out at the tarp at Fenway Park. Maybe live, fans in attendance can see the silouetted dancers through it, but I just don't know if they can right now as is.

Edited by BRASSO

Regarding the Cadets, it is their medal to loose. I am coming to believe that the Cadets are not a "learning organization" and that it will be personnel issues (both member and staff) that prevent their achievement. It's a shame, because they have a 1st place show design. It's like having the best horse, but an unstable jockey (didn't mean for that to sound like a Crown reference.).

Jason

and to follow your analogy, who is the " unstable jockey " in the Cadets organization that will prevent them from winning in your opinion ? It wouldn't be the " unstable jockey " at the Cadets that has ridden more " horses " to victory percentage wise than Willie Shoemaker, would it ?

Edited by BRASSO

I agree with this assessment too. Boston needs to clarify the tarp bit. I like Boston's show this year. But right now, the tarp bit reminds me of watching the groundskeepers pull the tarp over the field at Fenway Park in a Red Sox game rain delay, ya know ? If we could see the silouettted dancers behind the bari soloist under the tarp, it would probably attain the desired effect. But last night on the computer screen, it was like looking out at the tarp at Fenway Park. Maybe live, fans in attendance can see the silouetted dancers through it, but I just don't know if they can right now as is.

I would have to agree....Maybe if it was more of a see-through type material...oh well...

Amen!! The performance order was atrocious yesterday! Corps should be seeded for competition based off a current year not the past year!!

I'm with you on this Wes.. dump the slotting off previous years results altogther. What a screwy system to have in place that is. Thats not a level playing field to enter a NEW competitive season.

Edited by BRASSO

I would have to agree....Maybe if it was more of a see-through type material...oh well...

This year, Boston needs the " see through type material " for the Guard dancers.

( it would've been a definate nono for a Guard " see through type material " in their 2009 show however if you get my drift, Liahona. )

Edited by BRASSO

I'm with you on this Wes.. dump the slotting off previous years results altogther. What a screwy system to have in place that is. Thats not a level playing field to enter a NEW competitive season.

My understanding is that San Antonio is using the same grouping as last night but reversed. That is the "groups of 3" will be reversed. I think this means Mpls last 3 were Cavies,Coats,BD so will be BD, Coats, Cavies in SA.

and so forth down the line. I agree with Wes and Brasso here - there certainly are enough shows to date that performance order from this years competitions would make a lot more sense and not too difficult to figure out.

Looks like BK got a poor draw for next Saturday as well...