Dear George

george, you have a special show this year. the first 6 minutes are among the finest drum corps "stuff" in history. the rest is great, too, of course. i feel the energy of the performers, and can really tell they're into it and believe in it. hoping the new guard unis are black and white, since that would make more sense to me, but anything will be an improvement.

Granny,

I hope someone from Cadet-land is reading this (and I'm sure they are) because I have visualized your ending and my God, it works!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I've been visualizing something of grannys and my thoughts are OH MY GOD also :ph34r:

Mike,

I have to disagree with this. Again, it's a theological issue and in some ways needs to be if you're going to do angels and demons (unless of course you're doing some cartoon rendition). The theological truth on this is that demons will NOT be converted. In the end they are NOT redeemed, but instead they are defeated. They receive no mercy from God.

So, to have them change into white uniforms would actually contradict truth.

It's my opinion that the show needs to better depict this, hence the idea that I had of the demons kneeling and then bowing. To add to that concept, the Angels could step forward, close the gaps so that the demons are somewhat hidden behind them and lift their heads in triumph.

While I'm dreaming, Handel's Messiah would be amazing at this point. "For The Lord God Omnipotent Reigneth. Forever and ever..."

I like your thoughts on this - I see where you're coming from. My only problem si that once the demons are vanquished - they stand side by side with the angels and play the show to the end with no imagery of either being converted or being vanquished and / or sent back to hell - then again I'm not to current on my theology ;0)

But I like your idea!!!

Later,

Mike

My darling Granny ... thank you for the kind words.

And when we get rid of these pink uniforms, perhaps i can model one for you at some late night bar I hear you frequent -)

HA !!!

Seriously, thanks to all ... it has been a great run ... and we are still running!!!

Happy Thursday to all !!!

I think you're onto a new fundraiser George! As part of the remaining TOCs, you could set up a tent outside in the parking lot and fans could pay $20 to come into the tent and see you in a suck-butt tight pink spandex guard uniform. Another $20 gets them a photo with you. You could get Potter to do a feature on Field Pass and that would serve to increase attendance at the shows.

Heck, you could call it G1!

Given all the criticism about the Cavies on stilts not doing anything but walking around, I do think you would need to consider doing some dance moves, rolling around on the ground and maybe a rifle toss.

• Like 1

Stop looking up Granny's Dress --- u might be surprised :-)

Heck yeah, he'd be surprised! I'd take my walker and pin his head to the ground and then stick my heal in his eye. Don't nobody look up my skirt unless I give 'em permission...but of course, you already know that.

Mike,

I have to disagree with this. Again, it's a theological issue and in some ways needs to be if you're going to do angels and demons (unless of course you're doing some cartoon rendition). The theological truth on this is that demons will NOT be converted. In the end they are NOT redeemed, but instead they are defeated. They receive no mercy from God.

It's my opinion that the show needs to better depict this, hence the idea that I had of the demons kneeling and then bowing. To add to that concept, the Angels could step forward, close the gaps so that the demons are somewhat hidden behind them and lift their heads in triumph.

While I'm dreaming, Handel's Messiah would be amazing at this point. "For The Lord God Omnipotent Reigneth. Forever and ever..."

...heh...I'm not much for "themes" and truly abhor those (numerous lately) times when a group, be it color guard or drum corps, is trying to teach me something. That said, I was a part of the Velvet Knight communication machine for many years and shows. We didn't try to "teach" the audience anything, though; we kept it simple and did a credible (KISS) job of letting the patrons know what was up, albeit in a quirky way. So, I don't *ever* observe a show looking for some kind of deep meaning, but if it's laid-out in a manner where I *do* get it...well, that's bonus. But in order to get me on board with what you're doing out there, it'd better be clean and loud (at least most of the time, lol). Which is why I enjoy the heck outa Cadets show this year...they knock me out as a DRUM CORPS. I live my life with my theist switch in the off position, but even so I can appreciate the ebb and flow, angel/demon thing for what it is...so congratulations to the Cadets for not beating me over the head with the religion angle, but instead providing me and others of my ilk with a viable demonstration of the art we so love! Really a great program no matter what your spiritual persuasion.

cg

Edited by chasgroh

Mike,

The show title is "between angels and demons", not "angels kick some demon ###". In theological terms, mankind is between the two. In terms of the show, this idea is portrayed quite by the gigantic drill move that merges the angel/demon corps before the big pipe organ hit. What I dislike is that the guard story line (Head Angel kicks Head Demon's butt) doesn't seem to match.

The ending I visualize would build on what the drill is doing. Maybe introduce one of the DMs on the field with the classic Cadet uniform (between the angel uniform and the demon uniform). And have the guard costume change portray how their angel & demon natures have come together to form The Cadets.

The show title is "between angels and demons", not "angels kick some demon ###".

Now that would be a great show title. Is it possible to change show titles mid season?