Dear George

love how bocook chose hymns that even non-religious people tend to know. makes it very accessible, and clear as day to the whole audience. just the right amount of darkness added to them to make them demon-tainted. devil.gif

love how bocook chose hymns that even non-religious people tend to know. makes it very accessible, and clear as day to the whole audience. just the right amount of darkness added to them to make them demon-tainted. devil.gif

And even in Amazing Grace he never really lets you go.

Fabulous. Simply fabulous writing.

George,

Since you're watching... I want to add a P.S. to Granny's letter.

Even with the goo, the uniforms outrage, the pink guard and, yes, even though we disagree on key points of the activity...

This show, this year, brings me to tears. I'm absolutely certain that it will go down as one of my top favorites of all GH time at Cadets.

I just watched the Minny show again and, even with mid-season dirt, my God, it's a stunning show.

Thank you, George, and thanks to your writers, staff, and kids. Really. Thank you.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

And even in Amazing Grace he never really lets you go.

Fabulous. Simply fabulous writing.

I'd say Classic writing too. When the two sides combine in the ballad, that standstill sounds like the best parts of any Bocook ballad. . .'98, '99, '01, etc.

Mellophone. That is all. :worthy:

• Like 1

Pretty soon I'm going to be labeled and won't have any credibility at all around here.

That ship sailed several season ago :whistle:

Ok Folks ... back to rehearsals. This is getting too intellectual for an old Crossmen snare drummer. And Granny .. we are busting butt .... been a great few days ... we are getting better ... and adding to the show .. will take us another week but ... we are giving this the run of our lives. After all ... why settle for the ordinary when you can be ... Xtraordinary :-)

:spitting:

• Like 1

Stop looking up Granny's Dress --- u might be surprised :-)

Haha! I hope you're not trying to hint to us that granny is a drag queen lol :w00t:

Haha! I hope you're not trying to hint to us that granny is a drag queen lol :w00t:

And yet another ship that has sailed :ph34r:

George,

Since you're watching... I want to add a P.S. to Granny's letter.

Even with the goo, the uniforms outrage, the pink guard and, yes, even though we disagree on key points of the activity...

This show, this year, brings me to tears. I'm absolutely certain that it will go down as one of my top favorites of all GH time at Cadets.

I just watched the Minny show again and, even with mid-season dirt, my God, it's a stunning show.

Thank you, George, and thanks to your writers, staff, and kids. Really. Thank you.

garfield I have to give him props also. The Cadets- 2011 is pretty frikin cool. In awe at times watching this show. Also Mr. Hopkins... thank you for lighting a fire under all the Drum and Bugle Corps this summer, everyone top to bottom are really good. Great season so far. Can't wait to see finals... LIVE! Should be very interesting.

In thinking about this show I think a KILLER ending would be to have the corps led by the angels in a company front playing the doxology in all of it's glory after previously hearing it played in such a dissonant way as the demons played it. Have the demons move forward to intermingle with the front and then on the last glorious chord the demons kneel and as the chord ends they bow.

This would carry out another theological truth where the Scriptures say, "every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord."

Hey George! What do you think?

I don't think they've changed the music for the closer, but based on the pic below I snagged from Corpsreps on Facebook, I think Granny has some serious clout around here. :thumbup:

CadetsEnding.jpg

Thanks you Chris Maher and Corpsreps for a wonderful picture

Edited by Shamu89
  • Like 1