Why is this happening

####, Madison homers are drama queens.

:spitting:

• Like 3

That's odd to me for people to blame the judges (the scores) for being inconsistent, and they never blame the corps.

I see where you're coming from there, but in reality (speaking from 10+ years of marching and teaching experience), corps members are way more consistent from day to day than judges are. Factor in the fact that judges change people and captions from night to night and the scores are much more likely to be inconsistent than the members. A staff and drum corps know when they have a good show, and know when they have a bad show. I cant remember how many times a corps I have been teaching has massively improved from one show to the next, and the score went down. The hard part is convincing the members to not pay attention to the numbers from night to night, while on here that's all everyone seems to care about.

On one hand if you look at the recaps from last night the guys dropped most in one caption - Ensemble Music. The night before they were right behind SCV in that same caption. Take the low score in ensemble music out and you find that the corps is right where they should be.

One the other hand if you look at the GE Music scores you will see that Rep and Perf are the same for the Scouts. That is never a good sign for this time of year. The corps that are in the best shape will have at least 2 to 3 tenths of gap here. A tie in GE captions means that you don't have much growth potential.

Edited by cwachholz
  • Like 1

So in your opinion do we need to put an asterisk next to the scores of all the previous seasons that you have seen? I would think so if this is indeed the first time the judges are not basing their scores on "previous results" and are finally showing "no bias."

WOW...what an indictment against the judges of the past...

however many years you've been watching.

not sure what an asterisk would fix, but if that's what you propose....

I've only been following the activity since 98 when I started marching, I never pretended to be a die hard follower since the inception. But I'll stand by my opinion, that since I have been following the activity, most judges seemed to have a bias AND scored based on prior results. I'll add to this, that I am not naive enough to believe this is all fixed either, but it is definitely better.

Edited by dgilday

The answers you've already gotten sum up my thoughts as well. I just want to reiterate the two things that I think are significant factors in all of the scoring changes that occur:

1. In particular to Denton, Madison had an off night - that happens.

Wow, I was AT the Denton show, and they certainly didn't look "off" to me. Now, I thought Cavies had an "off" night, but they beat the Blue Devils who I thought were better, so that surprised me. Heck, what do I know? I know this: Cavies have the UGLIEST guard outfits in all of DCI. I only got my first close-up look at them at the Denton show and man, those things are worse than the 2003 outfits, imo. I still love the show, but MAN those things are UGLY.

I enjoy reading all the postings on drum corps planet. some of these posts are interestingly enough from fans who havent even been to a show(no fault of theirown) or are just reading posts on drum corps planet. I am a fan of all corps and I would like to say that if a corps beats another its most likely because they were better on that night. what I dont like is excuses people make like what judges were judging, or they had some nenbers out sick or this or that. Every corps in DCI is doing the same thing practicing in the heat dealing with injuries etc.etc. Good luck to everyone. Oh and BTW it bothers some of the people on DCP more than these kids.

To drumcorpsfan27: Your a Madison fan thats great they have overcome some tough odds the last few years. so now they got there staff together and are back on track. I dont understand why your feeling like there is something is wrong. I do believe that BK, and Boston have equally as good shows. What i find interesting is that some people in the drum corps circles just dont think its possible for these corps to win. I would like to read once that corps oher than the usual top 3 Cavaliers,Cadets and blue devils have a chance to win. all 25 corps are doing the same thing fighting the good fight.

Wow, I was AT the Denton show, and they certainly didn't look "off" to me. Now, I thought Cavies had an "off" night, but they beat the Blue Devils who I thought were better, so that surprised me. Heck, what do I know? I know this: Cavies have the UGLIEST guard outfits in all of DCI. I only got my first close-up look at them at the Denton show and man, those things are worse than the 2003 outfits, imo. I still love the show, but MAN those things are UGLY.

Hello. This is the Madison Scouts 2002 guard outfits calling. You might remember us - the bumblebee outfit? Yeah, can we please not talk about ugly guard costumes? Thanks and have a nice day!

• Like 1