My schedule has changed and I can't wait for the Atlanta show this weekend.

Edited by srb30a

Wow. Pretty much the worst panel possible for The Cavaliers. Wouldn't be shocked if they lost to BD & the Cadets.

Are we really gonna start blaming the panel a week before the show?

It's never too early if you don't like to see a judge or 2 judge your favorite Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

It's never too early if you don't like to see a judge or 2 judge your favorite Corps.

Good thing I don't know any judges....well, except Andy Poor, the guy who gave us the Jim Ott in 2000. :tongue:

I could blame the AFTER the show like most people do. Also, read my past posts. I am not a fan of blaming the judges or using the most common cop-out: politics.

It is not a great panel for The Cavaliers if you look at past scoring. Typically, those judges have scored them lower, BUT I will say that if The Cavaliers throw down this weekend it shouldn't matter..... and that is how it should be.

There ARE a handful of judges that do tend to not be a fan of what they do. As much as you don't like to hear that its the truth

I believe a lot of corps have judges that usually aren't too fond of them.

There ARE a handful of judges that do tend to not be a fan of what they do. As much as you don't like to hear that its the truth

I believe a lot of corps have judges that usually aren't too fond of them.

It works both ways in my opinion. Every Corps has judges that tend to like their favorite Corps show or section this year, and those judges that tend to not be so favorable to liking the show or the section. No Corps is immune to this. Its human nature. In most judging panels of 8 they'll be judges that are inclined a bit to like the show or section, and those that are less inclined to like it.

The fact of the matter is, life is not fair. Sometimes the luck of the draw on Finals Night will be a favorable draw re. judges and sometimes it won't be. Such is life. In 2008, Phantom Regiment could not have had a more favorable percussion judges draw, nor BD a worse one. Phantom deserved to win. But they got the luck of the draw that evening too re. the percussion judging for the nite. At other Finals however, BD got a better luck of the draw. You need BOTH luck AND skill to prevail when competitors are so close in talent levels. It's rarely just one over the other. If the Cavs got a bad draw in you opinion in Atlanta, then maybe they'll get lucky when it counts on Finals Night. Then again, maybe they'll get unlucky then too. Such is life. All you can do is be prepared to do your best, and let the chips fall where they fall.

Edited by BRASSO

I hope that performing on a brand-spanking-new field doesn't affect the footing during the shows. The Georgia Dome has been replacing the FieldTurf the past couple of weeks, so the corps will have a "virgin" field for Saturday's show. I guess all of the members will come off the field with their shoes full of astro-dirt.

I'll call it right now:

Blue Devils win with The Cadets coming in second. The Cavaliers in third and Carolina Crown in fourth.

• Like 1

I'll call it right now:

Blue Devils win with The Cadets coming in second. The Cavaliers in third and Carolina Crown in fourth.

I don't see Cavies coming in third anytime the rest of this season.

Even WITH Torchia on the panel.