Fan Network goo issues

I know there's a mixed bag of responses and thoughts on synth produced thunderous goo at live events. This isn't about that.

This is about the consistent issues with thunderous goo on the fan network and in the movie theaters. DCI, this a money making venture for you, yet the sound quality is getting worse, and as all future web/theater events will be in enclosed stadiums, I see a bad trend growing.

Please, look at different mic placement, discuss amp placement with corps, something. If this trend continues to grow, it could affect business.

Feel free to add in thoughts and ideas

I agree. More money and research needs to be put into the webcasts. I see these as a growing money train for DCI, even if it's not yet making big bucks. The potential is there. Let's face it, using amps at indoor stadiums with that boom effect, and trying to mix that with acoustic brass and percussion is just not a good mix. In terms of the webcasts, I would suggest not showing the indoor shows with the exception of DCI Semifinals. Find some alternative outdoor venues to use for the webcasts. At any rate, I think it's time to invest more time and money and research into the webcast project, because overall I love viewing them and I think it's a great way to service your fans.

Spirit won the goo award last night - from someone who was in the stands.

• Like 1

Look amps, synths etc aren't going away. Accept it and pray for better usage and judges mailing corps that don't use it better.

But if you are going to charge money for an audio/ visual presentation for fans who can't be there live, get the sound right

• Like 5

Spirit won the goo award last night - from someone who was in the stands.

I'll give a 2nd place to Blue Stars...and 3rd to Bluecoats...IMO

• Like 1