Hattiesburg Hang-Out

The Glassmen taking "5" in percussion is pretty darn fantastic as well. Congrats to the Glassmen's percussion!

Did I read that Regiment played "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Mis? Where was it in the show?

Boston, not Phantom plays that. :smile:

I haven't seen Phantom's show yet, but I just went to look at it on the Fan Network. As I pulled up their San Antonio performance, I accidentally clicked on the timing bar at the bottom of the video, and landed in what must be the spot that made someone in Hattiesburg think they were playing "I Dreamed a Dream". Whatever the music is at 1:25-1:45, it is very like that Les Mis number.

Devils posting some serious scores as of late.

Not that they've necessarily earned them!

I haven't seen Phantom's show yet, but I just went to look at it on the Fan Network. As I pulled up their San Antonio performance, I accidentally clicked on the timing bar at the bottom of the video, and landed in what must be the spot that made someone in Hattiesburg think they were playing "I Dreamed a Dream". Whatever the music is at 1:25-1:45, it is very like that Les Mis number.

Makes sense.

Makes sense.

I bit the bullet and made the 2.5 hour drive from Pensacola to H'burg, mainly to see Carolina Crown. Spent the afternnon watching them practice, then got lucky and picked up a ticket on the 50 yard line seat for half price.

You know that old expression, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all?" So I wont say much.

Loved Crowns show. (Minus the stupid and uneeded props) The rest of the bunch, including BD and Phantom, not so much. They still don't "Get It" like Crown does as far as the music goes. SOS.

There were a lot of old school guys (Like myself) sitting around me and just about everybody is in agreement. While all the theatrical nonsense is distracting, it doesn't prevent you from enjoying the show IF the music is there. That's the problem for me personally, the music is stiill not there. I can overlook the wretched excess pits, dancing and prancing guards, synths, amps, singing/narration, cranked up inaudible bass drums that are nothing but vertical tenor drums, themes/story telling and props. All annoying, but they can be overlooked with some killer music and we don't get killer music. Still mostly unrecognizable "College Music Major Music."

I enjoy talking with other Drum Corps fans and the overall experience, but the shows are leaving me mostly high and dry musically, except for bits and pieces here and there..............

• Like 1

Throw it down Glassmen

I really would like Glassmen's show a lot more if they got rid of some of the "Dr. Who" sounds or at least turned it down. It literally hurt my ears last night. And I was about 6 rows in front of the judges. I think I heard Dave Starnes make a negative comment about it or at least I hope he did. It needs to go away. On a positive note, I have always thought they move very well.

• Like 1

I really would like Glassmen's show a lot more if they got rid of some of the "Dr. Who" sounds or at least turned it down. It literally hurt my ears last night. And I was about 6 rows in front of the judges. I think I heard Dave Starnes make a negative comment about it or at least I hope he did. It needs to go away. On a positive note, I have always thought they move very well.

Yeah. IIRC early season it didn't have all that synth, and I really liked the show upon first viewing. But yeah there's a lot of it, and unfortunately it ruins the show for me.