Who will be in your top five audio playlsit from this year?

Many of us enjoy listening to shows just as much as watching them (okay, maybe not AS MUCH, but still. :P) So I ask you, DCP, who are your top five candidates for best audio tracks this year? Please, as always with the topics I post, I ask no bashing, please. :)

For me:

01. Bluecoats - "Brave New World"

02. Blue Knights - "An English Folk Song Suite"

03. Boston Crusaders - "Revolution"

04. The Cavaliers - "XtraordinarY"

05. Colts - "DECEPTION: The Jagged Edge"

• Like 1

It's really hard to choose this year, but right now it's

The Cavaliers

Santa Clara Vanguard

Boston Crusaders

Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats

Honorable mention (in all honesty it won't be just 5 in my playlist):

The Cadets

Blue Knights

Blue Stars

Edited by jaylogan

I haven't heard all of the corps this year (taking my time working through the San Antonio APD's with my super-headphones), but right now it's -

1) Carolina Crown - Rach Star. Nothing but fun from start to finish. And that drumline - over the top - it's great! Paint it Black is probably my favorite song from the entire summer. This is the one that'll end up in my "all time" playlist, for sure.

2) Phantom Regiment - Juliet. East of Eden's theme is beautiful, catchy, and all through the show. My wife (choir singer) says the Requiems are fairly faithful - enough so that she could sing along. A Time for Us has a subtle and well-integrated use of electronics. And Elsa, of course, though I never thought it'd play third fiddle in a show chock full of ballad-ey goodness.

3) Blue Knights - An English Folk Song Suite. Wow. This show caught me off guard. I knew it was crowd friendly - everyone had said so thus far, but boy is it light years more sophisticated than last year's show. I love, love, love the preshow song, though I wish there was a speaker setup somewhere out there that didn't make her sound so "tinny." The brass steals the show here - tight. Very tight.

4) Blue Stars - ReBourne. Have to get past the opener, but the rest of the show is incredible. Perfect mix of electronics and acoustics. The drum feature with the electronic beat is perfect, though it always sounds like it s/b the closer rather than the actual closer.

5) Bluecoats - Brave New World. I'm strangely attracted to this show, more than I was to Metropolis last year, despite being the same formula. It just has a groove to it that never stops. The opening ballad, of course, is great fun. And the closer is pure energy that never stops moving.

Mike

• Like 2

3) Blue Knights - An English Folk Song Suite. Wow. This show caught me off guard. I knew it was crowd friendly - everyone had said so thus far, but boy is it light years more sophisticated than last year's show. I love, love, love the preshow song, though I wish there was a speaker setup somewhere out there that didn't make her sound so "tinny." The brass steals the show here - tight. Very tight.

Can you possibly answer this question I've had for a while: What song is it that she's singing and is it a recording or a live corps member?

Sorry, I'm no help there. Just heard it for the first time last night. I'd guess it's a live singer, but have no way of proving that. Don't know what song it is either - I'm as curious as you to find out now!

Mike

1. Madison Scouts (assuming they get the rights to their closer...)

2. Crossmen (I already get parts of this show stuck in my head)

3. Carolina Crown (I often play this now just to listen to the preshow)

4. Blue Devils (A house is not a home...)

5. Phantom (Mostly for Elsa'a)

If I could choose one more it would probably be Blue Stars.

1.) SCV

2.) Crown

3.) Madison

4.) Bluecoats

5.) Either Phantom/Cadets/ or Crossmen