I'm tired of the Blue Devils hating...

I'd trust a judge over anyone here on DCP. Also, just because BD's show might be easier (which I think you can only say that as far as drill goes) doesn't mean that they're not as talented as the rest.

I know a lot of you don't like repeat winners, but get over it. BD is one of the most mature corps out there, and that's why I believe they do so well. That, and they have the staff who knows how to win.

• Like 7

I think most people just want BD to be more entertaining. Obviously they are super talented, and I don't think many people would argue that they don't have the best staff in DCI.

personally, I like BD's show this year better than last year.

gladiator+pic.jpg

"Are you not entertained?!?!?!"

• Like 4

Lighten up Francis :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I don't hate BD for winning a lot. It's a little annoying, but it doesn't bother me that much. There are certain years where I feel their championship is a bit undeserved, but life certainly goes on.

Everybody wants their favorite corps to win at Finals, but when you get right down to it, does it really matter that much? As long as they put on a good show, and we were entertained, what do we really have to complain about?

• Like 1

I'd trust a judge over anyone here on DCP. Also, just because BD's show might be easier (which I think you can only say that as far as drill goes) doesn't mean that they're not as talented as the rest.

I know a lot of you don't like repeat winners, but get over it. BD is one of the most mature corps out there, and that's why I believe they do so well. That, and they have the staff who knows how to win.

Well why wouldn't you? BD's on the verge of a three-peat with three of the least (with maybe the exception of this year) entertaining shows in DCI history.

No one is begrudging the members or their talent. They consistently perform the absolute hell out of what they're given. It's the design and its lack of impact on the audience.

• Like 7

No worries on the BD haters, it comes with the territory. Without the internet BD was getting hated on in the early 80's when we went back east. Having people come up to us and flat out saying "you guys suck". The east coast is a different world from the west coast, although we have our idiots too. We just dealt with it by striving to win.

Being in BD, you expect the criticism and just have to go out and perform the hell out of the show and let the results speak for themselves. If you lose, no excuses, go out and be better.

Those that are complaining about scores and placement basically are far more concerned with the outcome of a show than enjoying the performances. I think what fries most people is there is no "Pretty Picture Caption" or "Runs The Most Caption" or "Average Beats Per Minute Caption". Until those captions exist, there is no requirement that one out run the other corps. They just have to be better :)

• Like 8

It seems the BD hate this year has been less than last year, presumably because of this year's more accessible show. Or so I thought.

Tonight's response in Atlanta and here on DCP convinces me that it was because BD was not winning up until now.

Point noted.

• Like 3