Your Feelings on the Activity

Likewise, in my opinion, they forfeit their right to engage in a dialogue about today's shows, as they no longer are familiar with today's DCI shows in any major manner. So I usually have good conversations with them about the past. But when it comes to the present and they tell me they haven't been to a show in years and have no intention of going, I politely, but firmly stop them from commenting further on something that they acknowledge they have never seen nor heard live and in person.

Since everyone else seems to disagree with you making this comment, I wanted to let you know I completely agree, and this is how I am with some of my 'old-school' drum corps fans who refuse to go to shows now.

I'm still great friends with them, and love to talk old drum corps with them. But I don't get into the new stuff with them because 1) they don't know much about it because they don't go to shows anymore and 2) it just pisses us both off. :)

Since everyone else seems to disagree with you making this comment, I wanted to let you know I completely agree, and this is how I am with some of my 'old-school' drum corps fans who refuse to go to shows now.

I'm still great friends with them, and love to talk old drum corps with them. But I don't get into the new stuff with them because 1) they don't know much about it because they don't go to shows anymore and 2) it just pisses us both off. :)

We're simpatico, bro. ( haha)

Been hit on this a few times from people ###-u-ming things so thought I'd open this up for others that feel the same way.

Long story short, I don't go to DCI shows anymore because I don't feel it's worth my time, effort (long story) and money to go anymore. Since we can't read voice inflections from a post I'll explain that's not a complaint but stating a fact. Still care about the activity and hope it survives (think all corps pieces need to be healthy), still care about the members but just don't care about the shows enough to attend. So no screaming, foaming at the mouth, etc.... it's more like a *shrug*.

Kinda like having two resturants tha serve (for example) chili. You like one place but not the other. You don't hope the other place goes under or B-word "that ain't chili", you just don't go. And you don't flip out is your friends go there.

PS - Walked away from all corps for 10 years in the early 1990s. Middle of a show (not a corps) I walked out cuz I was bored and had better things to do with my time. No screaming, no shouting, just *shrug* enough of this. Scarey part is once you leave it's almost impossible to come back. I came back (partially) only do to a bunch of co-incidences.

OK - Opening up to the Peanut Gallary...

I cant take you seriously anymore. Only an inconsiderate ##### would walk out in the middle of a show. I dont care if its the ballet, opera, concert, DCI, or your 6 year old's kindergarten end of year production, you dont walk out in the middle of it "cuz i was bored". That is classless and pathetic. Even if not in the middle of a corps, it still is classless.

Im glad your gone so I dont have to be in the stands and see you get up and walk out. People like you make me lose faith in humanity.

Edited by DCISuperfan
  • Like 1

Er, did you read the post? He didn't walk out during a performance, he walked out in between corps.

Got past my ninja edit! CURSES! :tongue:

Well, I was raised in the 60's marched in the 70's and generally tried to make as many championships as possible. Since '76 have attended 18 championships, the last one being 2006. Unfortunately, for me it's more about how enjoyable you are musically first and what you do with it second. If I don't like what you're playing, I don't necessarily care what you're doing. Conversely, sometimes you do so much "stuff," it actually detracts from your show. Is it really necessary to have all the props on the field? It must be, because so many corps do it. I think some corps have gone way overboard with this and, like I said, it doesn't necessarily enhance your show.

There is a very good chance that I have attended my last DCI as I am more entertained (all around) by DCA corps. But that is just my preference.

Oh brother, I've stepped on it on here, huh ?

you let the curveball hang, I'll go deep

:tongue:

How do you like your coffee. Its on me.

With an order of waffles ?

Pfft - try living in Canada. For me it's 1 1/2 hours to the border just to get into the country that has any shows at all....

Yea but look how cheap your medications are

you let the curveball hang, I'll go deep

:tongue:

Don't give me any lip, Jeff. Wait'll you get a load of my duster around your ears. ( haha)

Edited by BRASSO