Your Feelings on the Activity

Dude, I enjoy reading your posts, but if you're stopping folks in the middle of conversations and telling them they can't discuss things with you because their frame of reference is outdated, I can see why they're "former friends."

:huh:

Mike

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Dude, I enjoy reading your posts, but if you're stopping folks in the middle of conversations and telling them they can't discuss things with you because their frame of reference is outdated, I can see why they're "former friends."

Mike

I never said they were " FORMER" friends at all. They remain my friends. I usually am able to get them to agree with me that they are commenting on something they know little about. They educate me on things they know about. And I educate them on the absurdity of commenting on something they havn't seen nor heard. We usually come to an agreement on this and then have another beer.. or a Dunkin Donut Coffee or whatever. My friends tend to be cantankerous old fools like myself, and are used to interupting one another. We can't get away so easily with this with our wives, so we try it on one another, and we've been friends for years getting away with this on one another. They know me by now. I know them by now. It seems to work.

Edited by BRASSO

Jim, those who have abandoned the activity since the end of the Golden Age don't bother to post in this forum. I'm an exception, perhaps the only one. Too bad, because input from outsiders should always be sought, and not just here.

The leadership has excised out all the excitement that was the Golden Age corps' main stock in trade. Unlike the Golden Age, the shows now have no beginnings and no ends and therefore are unsatisfying. They may be precise, well-executed, oh-so-musical and what-all, but they are boring - bo-ring - except of course to the effete artistes in charge now who dictate policy and who aren't about to retrench despite the lessons of the past three decades with its horrendous erosion within the activity they are allowed to govern.

A couple of quotes to illustrate:

"This is a picture that starts in the middle for the benefit of those who come in in the middle." (Danny Kaye)

"We're knee-deep in the Big Muddy, and the Big Fool says to push on." (Pete Seeger)

I never said they were " FORMER" friends at all. They remain my friends. I usually am able to get them to agree with me that they are commenting on something they know little about. They educate me on things they know about. And I educate them on the absurdity of commenting on something they havn't seen nor heard. We usually come to an agreement on this and then have another beer.. or a Dunkin Donut Coffee or whatever. My friends tend to be cantankerous old fools like myself, and are used to interupting one another. We can't get away so easily with this with our wives, so we try it on one another, and we've been friends for years getting away with this on one another. They know me by now. I know them by now. It seems to work.

LMAO I understand this one... I have friends who I enjoy talking with but think they are crazy (not in a good way) A holes on some things.....

As for venting... ain't no vent and this IS a DC discussion group and I'm discussing DC.... But you cared enough to post... ahhhhhhh :devil:

Ashy - agreed there are a few other ways to support... and I do at times... <even if I came from the Sr corps side>

And gee Jeff have no idea about getting sucked back in... yeah that green uni is still in the closet even if I haven't been able to wear it this summer....

Edit (LOL): For the record the last DCI shows I saw where Cadets/Crossmen around 2005/2006 (amps for pit/vocals)... Wasn't bad sitting outside of the range of the amps.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I don't go to shows anymore. I don't have anyone to go with either. None of my non corps friends have any interest and I really don't care to go alone.

I just watch online through FanNetwork

I pee quite a bit too because I drink lots of water and the thought of going back and forth out of my seat to find the lou is upsetting.

Say a Little Prayer For me.

Also, I have lost touch with most of my drum corps friends and think it might be weird to see them after all these years. What to say? Do I want to say anything? I am antisocial as well.

And I am old and have gotten cheap in my old age.

Mike

I agree with you Mike. That's some pretty "alpha" talking Brasso. Grrrrrrr!

Jim, those who have abandoned the activity since the end of the Golden Age don't bother to post in this forum. I'm an exception, perhaps the only one. Too bad, because input from outsiders should always be sought, and not just here.

The leadership has excised out all the excitement that was the Golden Age corps' main stock in trade. Unlike the Golden Age, the shows now have no beginnings and no ends and therefore are unsatisfying. They may be precise, well-executed, oh-so-musical and what-all, but they are boring - bo-ring - except of course to the effete artistes in charge now who dictate policy and who aren't about to retrench despite the lessons of the past three decades with its horrendous erosion within the activity they are allowed to govern.

A couple of quotes to illustrate:

"This is a picture that starts in the middle for the benefit of those who come in in the middle." (Danny Kaye)

"We're knee-deep in the Big Muddy, and the Big Fool says to push on." (Pete Seeger)

When was the Golden Age?

I never said they were " FORMER" friends at all.

I understand where you are coming from because I have a lot of former friends like you that no longer go to the shows.

Sorry, I don't know where I would have gotten that from. My mistake, I guess.

I usually am able to get them to agree with me that they are commenting on something they know little about.

:blink:

Mike

When was the Golden Age?

When he was " Golden " and marched.

I know how this works.