Jersey Surf 2012

Awesome move for JS.

• Like 1

One time when I suggested on DCP that Surf and the Bridgemen could form a mutually advantageous realationship some people just scoffed. Now I feel vindicated.

• Like 2

I for one can not wait to go see the Surf crew next year during practice learning the charts...... So many songs that IMO we old guy's and gal's in the Alumni corps can not play yet due to our practice schedule. But a Jr Corps that has a full practice schedule !!!!!!!!!!! WOWWIE WOW WOW!!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Interesting stuff for sure...I wonder if this will help with recruting as well. Though the younger generation probably aren't familiar with the Bridgemen, the big names that will be involved in the production may catch some eyes.

I know the limited touring schedule works for them, but I wish they could tour more and do more shows. I think they could really grow and contend a bit higher than they currently are.

I think Bob Jacobs tries to make sure he has the resources to handle whatever level of touring the corps can safely do, and doesn't want to break the bank by overextending the corps.

I'm not sure about the recruiting 'help' for the uninitiated. I think it will be a non-event to HS kids who know nothing about historical drum corps. I bet the show will be a gas though!!! :thumbup:

It would be great if the staff showed the corps video of the Bridgemen and bring former staff and members in, Not only to capture the style of the Bridgemen but, the spirit and swagger of the Bridgemen. Those of us who were around at the time are eagerly anticipating this show. Good luck Surf!

• Like 2