Jersey Surf 2012

It would be great if the staff showed the corps video of the Bridgemen and bring former staff and members in, Not only to capture the style of the Bridgemen but, the spirit and swagger of the Bridgemen. Those of us who were around at the time are eagerly anticipating this show. Good luck Surf!

I can't imagine them NOT doing such a thing! :thumbup:

Merged. :smile:

You could have left in the part bout you being the effing man! :tongue:

• Like 1

This is really a cool idea. Bridgemen 1978 remains to this day in my top 3 shows musically. Their arrangement of Harlem Nocturne was incredible.... and Spanish Dreams is one of the best Drum Corps charts ever written IMHO. I almost forgot to mention Big Noise from Winetka a couple of years later...... wow.

Edited by musclebud

personally I think there was 1 Bridgemen and to TRY to re - capture any of that would only come off , well lets say not so good.

Noone wants to be looked at as a .............less than version

It's not going to be a "hey let's be Bayonne" show the way many think.

• Like 3

It's not going to be a "hey let's be Bayonne" show the way many think.

hope not those things dont tend to work and noone wants an imitation. Surf has their own identity and should maintain that.

I guess just reading someof the other posts ( silly me ..lol ) I got that impression...The swagger, style, attitude of the Bridgemen is nothing that could be taught, it reflected the times as well as the staff and a particular passion of the corps.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

hope not those things dont tend to work and noone wants an imitation. Surf has their own identity and should maintain that.

I guess just reading someof the other posts ( silly me ..lol ) I got that impression...The sawgger, style, attitude of the Bridgemen is nothing that could be taught, it reflected the times as well as the staff and a particular passion of the corps.

I agree with you on that. Let's hope they maintain their identity but channel a bit of old Bayonne! :smile:

You could have left in the part bout you being the effing man! :tongue:

Your not posting to me? :smile: Any news from this Corps yet about show selection?

Delucia doing World Class Drum Corps agian, this should be interesting! Can't wait to see this! Wasn't he with Star when they won?

Good job Jersey Surf on this move, IMO!

• Like 2