Al Chez

Does anyone REALLY think that DECADES after someone's marching experience they still hold a competitive grudge big enough to mess with a few tenths of a point at a show that literally doesn't even matter in the scheme of DCI?

Just because some of you haven't taken off the petty competitive goggles doesn't mean a PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN feels the same.

I mean...Really?

• Like 2

Al Chez is still an active consultant for Crossmen (has been for over a decade), routinely attends camps, and volunteers his time during the summer on their brass staff.

To say his drum corps experience is outdated or not within the realm of what we see today would be a pretty ######## statement. Granted, the Crossmen can't design a show to save their life, but their brass is freakin' awesome as ever this year (... show design is obviously not his fault.)

How quickly we all forget that not so long ago at another TOC show, the untouchable Blue Devils were 4th in Music GE (0.2 from 5th!!!), and The Cadets were 1st. And that was from Nola Jones.

So gee, maybe Al isn't as stupid as many of you believe? Just maybe??

It's amazing to me how people are minimizing Cadets' win by starting and commenting on a thread like this. It's not like BD hasn't been beat by them before this season, or that the scores were getting closer. How about wishing them congratulations instead of trying to find a conspiracy? :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Well some 80 posts after my OP, no one has answered my question. Has Al ever judged a show before?

I didn't post this to be an attack on him. When you look at his numbers they're certainly not far from where other judges have been with each of these corps.

I just wanted to know HAS HE EVER JUDGED BEFORE?

And FWIW...He's a member of the greatest TV show band EVER...next to Doc Severinsen's Tonight Show band. :thumbup:

Okay...I want everyone to step back, take a deep breath and watch this video of an insanely long line of ducks walking across a highway.

OK - you just crack quack me up. And, after a real crappy day at work, these ducks also cracked quacked me up.

Thank you.

Edited by WIS

OK - you just crack quack me up. And, after a real crappy day at work, these ducks also cracked quacked me up.

Thank you.

I live to serve humanity...and duckdom.