How many think Cadets 2 will be the death of other corps

Exactly.... And they will only be encouraged to become more vocal about the need for synthesis, samplers, guitars, soap opera dialogues, woodwinds and so on by having a bastion of electronica YEA involved.

or....gasp....DCI started putting focus back on entertaining folks again.

Imagine that

or....gasp....DCI started putting focus back on entertaining folks again.

Imagine that

Come now, you didn't find the breast cancer saga entertaiing? :smile:

One last question...did you find that hidden gunman on the grassy knoll yet? :rolleyes:

Funny that you should ask that... There were actually 3 gunman on the grassy knoll-my father and uncle, who were on the payroll of Castro. They were assisted by a young George Hopkins weilding an oboe. :cool:

Woodwinds are coming too. First the electronics, then the synthesizer then EWI and finally WOODWINDS.

I doubt 10 years will be a stretch for DCI. DCA won't be too far behind.

I still stand by what I already said, by the way I have attended DCA Congress's, anyone that thinks they are easily pushed around has obviously NEVER attended, talking to people is NOT the same.

The member corps that make decisions on change are not easily bullied, and are not "new" to these processes. Some have been affiliated since before the inception of DCI.

This isn't their first rodeo. In addition, this sure is getting a lot of attention or something that hasn't even happened yet. Seems like a lot of panic for "it may happen".

The start of this potential new DCA corps is no more threat, then any other new corps, it's called keeping the activity alive.

You may have little faith in the capabilities of DCA, it's decision making member corps but they've been around for quite some time. Surviving the cyclical changes our our society, this is no different.

Changes will be made, they have been for the past 40 plus years, and some changes will be sure to #### off some of the previous generation, but it does not equate to the demise of the organization, in almost all cases, it actually makes it stronger, even if it's not "Back in my day..........."

• Like 2

I still stand by what I already said, by the way I have attended DCA Congress's, anyone that thinks they are easily pushed around has obviously NEVER attended, talking to people is NOT the same.

The member corps that make decisions on change are not easily bullied, and are not "new" to these processes. Some have been affiliated since before the inception of DCI.

This isn't their first rodeo. In addition, this sure is getting a lot of attention or something that hasn't even happened yet. Seems like a lot of panic for "it may happen".

The start of this potential new DCA corps is no more threat, then any other new corps, it's called keeping the activity alive.

You may have little faith in the capabilities of DCA, it's decision making member corps but they've been around for quite some time. Surviving the cyclical changes our our society, this is no different.

Changes will be made, they have been for the past 40 plus years, and some changes will be sure to #### off some of the previous generation, but it does not equate to the demise of the organization, in almost all cases, it actually makes it stronger, even if it's not "Back in my day..........."

Bingo...

how about the show where they had the outhouse on the field,..........I remember the girl coming out dancing with a bunch of flowers,...........reminded me of an old summers eve commercial,.................

One last question...did you find that hidden gunman on the grassy knoll yet? We may need him for future DCA meetings. ya know, hop's agenda and all

:rolleyes:

In my family we believe cousin Lee was a darned good shot! He didn't need no stinkin' second gunman.

Here's the funny thing.. how many people come on here and complain about bucs always winning... well.. it's just one more contender to add in there to build dca and possibly change that and all everyone can do is b!*ch about it... as for all the comments about everything else.. if u feel so strongly about it, why are u on here complaining about it. go to someone who can do something... not an endless rant on a public forum. just my 2 pennies...

Edited by rifleboypa
  • Like 1

how about the show where they had the outhouse on the field,..........I remember the girl coming out dancing with a bunch of flowers,...........reminded me of an old summers eve commercial,.................

excuse me but the show you speak of won the DCI World Championship with the highest score in history. What have you ever won, Gary?

Edited by George82

That was 2008. Welcome to 2011.

See what you don't get is Hop got bounced from the DCI BOD. DCI revolted against the G7 stuff. He may have won this summer but that doesn't mean they do his bidding