Semifinals Webcast chat

The software compression, which is different of course, is being done the same way, with an AAC MPEG4 stream that gets encoded in the Flash stream. That contains a reserved 128kbps, so it's pretty solid, and full spectrum.

Perhaps the ambients in Atlanta were masking (somehow) the compression artifacts. Tonight, big percussion transients from the pit are all but missing. Listen to tonight's Scouts' "Empire State of Mind" vs Atlanta for example ... wildly different captures.

If I had to guess, you're critiquing building characteristics more than the engineer, and I can take that criticism. We're a long way from 64kbps wma from a couple years back... :)

Certainly agree with that! :satisfied:

Edited by hughesmr

The following is a quote from Boo's live blog:

"And for heaven's sake, folks, if I accomplish nothing else this week, Bluecoats is ONE WORD. (I'm looking at you, you two-word Drum Corps Planet savages. Come get in line with Huxley's World State and no one will get hurt. There will be some extra soma for you if you comply.) "

I think it's past Boo's nappy time.....

Presence? YES - goodnews

Great opening? YES - a given

Weak Trumpets? YES - weak sops? *sigh*

Tight Drums? YES - given

Ballad doesn't match theme? YES - if true thats an arr. issue

Blah ending? YES - another arr. issue but maybe the kids just didnt sell it, yet that could be a staff issue - maybe they dont know how to sell it.

Yes I love SCV. Yes, this was not one of their greatest conceived or executed shows of all time.

Now where did I put those "chill pills"??? :ph34r:

As a longtime Santa Clara fan, it pains me to say this, but musically this show just isn't doing much for me.

Sadly I felt the same way. I want to like the show but it just doesn't seem to quite get there.

• Like 1

Wow, I LOVE Phantom's show! The all-female guard is fantastic, and this is the first show since Madison that's held my interest from start to finish. Bravo!

Wow! Here's tonight's 4th place corps! Go Phantom!

Edited by SFZFAN