2011 DCI Finals Thread!

What a great season! Very competitive! As a die-hard Blue Devil supporter, I am very proud of the corps and what they accomplished this season. It's been an amazing run from 2007-2011. Three titles, and two silvers. The improvement from June to August this year was amazing. Congratulations to the BD guard! Best in the business!

All that said, a hearty congratulations to the Cadets and their fans. I must say this show truly deserved to win. Amazing concept, visuals, music .. the works. My favorite Cadets show since ... 1984! (that was a tough .1 of a point...) :) I felt coming into this week that it would come down to the Cadets' GE advantage vs BD's visual execution and overall musical excellence. Well ... BD had the slight visual edge, but tied with Cadets in overall music. The GE gap was well deserved. Beautiful show!

Watch out though for next year! Do it up Devils!

• Like 4

YES! I am so happy for the Cadets! As well as all of the other corps this season! It was definitely a great year for Drum Corps! So Many Good Shows!!!!!!!!!!

First off, congratulations to the Cadets on #10!

I honestly don't have time to go back and look through the 73 pages of posts, but I have a question that may have already been answered:

How did Cadets win the visual title? Blue Devils scored a 29.05, 29.35, and a 29.65, which, averaged, is a 29.35. Cadets scored a 29.1, 29.05, and a 29.45 for an average of 29.2.

*said in best Bart & Lisa Simpson + Homer voice:

"Are the Finals VOD's up yet" - kids

"No" - Homer

"Are the Finals VOD's up yet"

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

"No" -

• Like 2

ONE, drill sergeant.......TWO, drill sergeant.............................................Hey, don't you owe me some!!! :tongue:

I did them all last year and in 2009!

Pit now setting up. Almost there...