The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Crown, if the visual package is relentless and engaging, might have it's year. However, I am not going to place all of my stock in Crown as I did last year with the Bluecoats (and that was slightly disheartening for me). The Blue Devils are a rational choice for the top spot, though, as with every year preceding this season, the top five or six spots could move in any direction. Spot fluidity and competition, I find, builds tensions and encourages creativity for each show (Cadet's incredible fight scene, Cavalier's upside-down stunts, Crown's truss's and encore - this list is not exhaustive). However, my understanding of corps is solely based on ONE live event and copious amounts of YouTube involvement. I do not claim my list to be a complete truth ;)

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. Phantom

6. Santa Clara

7. Bluecoats

8. Crusaders

9. Madison

10. Knights

11. Academy

12. Stars

• Like 3

It's been slow because nothing has really happened, like a major rule change, or G7 proposal. And people have less to ##### about because it was such a great season.

It's been slow because nothing has really happened, like a major rule change, or G7 proposal.

Are you kidding me? How about that the G7 has been OUTED from the BOD and CAN'T make proposals? Nothing really happened? Really? I'd say that is pretty substantial. And SOME....SUPPORT the G7.....so there is PLENTY to debate about if we WANTED. LOL!

And people have less to ##### about because it was such a great season.

Now THAT makes sense.

• Like 1

Are you kidding me? How about that the G7 has been OUTED from the BOD and CAN'T make proposals? Nothing really happened? Really? I'd say that is pretty substantial. And SOME....SUPPORT the G7.....so there is PLENTY to debate about if we WANTED. LOL!

It was talked about like crazy a year ago, in fact there was a whole sub forum just for G7 talk. I think people are tired of debating it. Because there isn't much to debate anymore to be honest, most of DCP are not fond of idea. And the idea has been shot down pretty hard by DCI. The top 8 thing was the only small victory they gained from the proposal. And I think it is a good thing.

And all it takes in someone starting a thread about it, and I'm sure there will be some conversation. Or just get hop to come on and defend himself to DCP. Now THAT would be interesting. It will get him off facebook, and power point tongue.gif.

Back to your 2012 predictions.

It will get him off facebook, and power point tongue.gif.

lol

Crown, if the visual package is relentless and engaging, might have it's year. However, I am not going to place all of my stock in Crown as I did last year with the Bluecoats (and that was slightly disheartening for me). The Blue Devils are a rational choice for the top spot, though, as with every year preceding this season, the top five or six spots could move in any direction. Spot fluidity and competition, I find, builds tensions and encourages creativity for each show (Cadet's incredible fight scene, Cavalier's upside-down stunts, Crown's truss's and encore - this list is not exhaustive). However, my understanding of corps is solely based on ONE live event and copious amounts of YouTube involvement. I do not claim my list to be a complete truth ;)

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. Phantom

6. Santa Clara

7. Bluecoats

8. Crusaders

9. Madison

10. Knights

11. Academy

12. Stars

Very realistic prediction...which is great. Nothing wrong with posting biased wishes (we all have them) but it's good to see someone make a prediction that could really happen.

• Like 1

I don't have time for a real detailed top 12 right now but based on my current understanding of shows, staff and the progress of the corps thus far here is what I think:

1. Crown (Only if their guard and percussion step up a little, if not, put the Bluecoats here)

2. Bluecoats (I would bet money that they earn the Jim Ott this year)

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

5. Cadets

6. Santa Clara

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Madison Scouts

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Knights

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Blue Stars (or Glassmen, I can't make a decision here)

Edited by Crown Phan
  • Like 3

1) Blue Devils

2) Carolina Crown

3) Santa Clara Vanguard

4) Cavaliers

5) Cadets

6) Phantom Regiment

7) Madison Scouts

8) Bluecoats

9) Blue Knights

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Spirit Of Atlanta

12) Troopers

--------------------------------

13) Blue Stars

14) Academy

15) Crossmen

16) Glassmen

17) Blue Devils B

18) Pacific Crest

19) Colts

20) Mandarins

21) Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

22) Oregon Crusaders

23) Jersey Surf

24) Cascades

25) Genesis

*Teal Sound out of Semifinals - replaced by Genesis*

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 3

I don't have time for a real detailed top 12 right now but based on my current understanding of shows, staff and the progress of the corps thus far here is what I think:

1. Crown (Only if their guard and percussion step up a little, if not, put the Bluecoats here)

2. Bluecoats (I would bet money that they earn the Jim Ott this year)

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

5. Cadets

6. Santa Clara

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Madison Scouts

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Knights

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Blue Stars (or Glassmen, I can't make a decision here)

You think that Bluecoats are capable of winning an Ott this year? Even though virtually all of their brass staff went to SCV? I personally think its a big stretch, even though their brass was superb last year, no doubt, but it will be difficult to push back into that higher territory immediately after their 4 placement drop and loss of much of their best staff. I'm not familiar with most of the staff for this year, so I'm curious to hear your reasoning behind it.

• Like 1

For only the third time in DCI history, the ninth-place corps scores at least 90.

And is ineligible for the 2013 Tour of Champions.

Or, hmm ... what would happen if two corps tied for eighth place in Finals?