10. Madison

11. Spirit

12. BS

13. Gmen

14. Academy

15. Xmen

16. Colts

17. Troopers

Based on the careful analysis of a live feed of atmospheric white noise.

Gosh - I thought you would have placed Crown a little higher. :blink:

• Like 7

Rather than posting placings for each corps at a point when very little has been seen or heard from many corps, I'll give some thoughts on who I think the top 12 will be (corps I am more familiar with, sorry to 13-25, I feel I would not have enough to say on your programs).

In alphabetical order:

The Academy - This corps has been improving so much in recent years, and when I saw them in Allentown this past year, I was very impressed with what I was hearing/seeing. It's always nice to see a fresh face in the top 12, and The Academy seems to really want it.

Blue Devils - Consistently and technically great. I personally enjoyed 2011 over 2010 from them, but the execution is always there. They will be great no matter if the show is "liked" by many or few. However, I think I will appreciate their show more this year after realizing just how high of a performance level this corps can get from the members.

Blue Stars - I think the Blue Stars are going to surprise many this year. With some of the changes, including the addition of Myron Rosander, and after last year, I think they will be working harder than ever. I see them rising this year.

Blue Knights - The Blue Knights will be entertaining this year. Last year's show was pretty fun, and I don't think they will change much from that. That being said, I could see them losing a little momentum to some of the corps around them.

Bluecoats - With "Creep" last year being one of my favorite moments on the field, I would love to see another Bluecoats show with that kind of energy and emotion throughout an entire show. staff changes could affect them a bit, but we will see.

Boston Crusaders - Great corps. The video sounds pretty decent for this time of the year, but I can't help myself from comparing them to Star. They have pretty immense shoes to attempt to fill with their arrangement sounding very similar to Star's, yet different at times. But obviously this is not 1991, so it's all on them how well they do this year. I just hope for a ballad that involves the entire corps. Just my preference.

The Cadets - I personally would get tired of playing Christmas music if I were marching with The Cadets. That's not saying the product won't be great, but there's only so much of that music I can take. I think they will still be fighting for top spots, but I don't see them taking it all again with this show.

Carolina Crown - Fantastic brass is always what comes to mind with Crown. I can't wait to hear what they have in store for this year. It would be nice to see them medal again, but with a show that doesn't try so hard to sell its story.

The Cavaliers - I never really know what to expect from the Cavaliers other than it will be a product that is fun to watch. With Michael Gaines gone, I hope they can maintain their visual identity. I also hope for a show that doesn't have such a "far-out" theme this year. It seemed like they were trying a little too hard with 2011's show design.

Madison Scouts - There's been enough hype on Madison this year, I don't think I will add to it. I think they will be working just as hard as they have been the past few years, and possibly rise in the rankings.

Phantom Regiment - My personal opinion on last year's show was that the drill was far too easy for a drum corps. Obviously back in the day drill was easier, but in the current times, that drill just didn't cut it for me. They play emotionally, so I hope they continue to do so. I could see them either staying where they are or dropping. No real basis for it, just my opinion.

Santa Clara Vanguard - Well, I am glad to see some repertoire that isn't completely "out there" but that doesn't mean it cannot be arranged in a strange way. But with their staff changes, I see them making many changes for the better, and will likely rise. I was not impressed with their brass last year, or the year before, so I see no way but up for them, as far as brass goes.

Again, not very much "meat" to what I am saying, but I am very excited to see what is in store this year from all the corps.

Edited by MarchandPlay
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

I predict that year 2 of the Whitewater Classic will be bigger than last.

Classic Stadium!

Classic Line Up...

Spirit of Atlanta

Pioneer

Glassmen

Colt Cadets

Cavaliers

Bluecoats

Blue Stars

The Madison Scouts

Friday July 7th... Tickets on sale now!

Blue Devils

Cadets

Crown

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

Madison

Bluecoats

Santa Clara

Blue Stars

Blue Knights

Boston Crusaders

Glassmen

Academy

Crossmen

Spirit

Troopers

Pacific Crest

Colts

Teal Sound

Surf

Mandarins

Cascades

Pioneer

I am sure I forgot someone and my apologies if I did ...

• Like 2

Blue Devils will probably take first. Just a gut feeling. Would love to see the Crossmen in finals though.thumbup.gif

I guess I understand what you're saying. Are the Cavaliers keeping their same visual staff, or is that changing with Gaines gone? I guess the way I've seen it performing against and watching the Academy since their move to World Class, it has been their visual design keeping them out of Finals (except 2007, where I feel they got shafted). And if visual design is a problem, wouldn't that still effect the Cavaliers? You can have the best staff in the world, but if a show is a sub-par design, it won't go as far. For reference, check out Phantom 09. Coming off the championship, where they kept pretty much all of their staff, they had a show with a very poor design, and it tanked them. I know the Cavaliers have a knack for pumping out great, consistent shows, and pushing to the end of the season, but I just see them slipping a bit. Maybe 6th is a bit far, but I just see them not in medal contention. But then again, it's February, so what do any of us know about how the season will shape up?

Hope it's not too hot in Mesa this year. Last time I performed there, it was 103 when we performed, that was disgusting. Cool show though with great fans in Arizona. See you there

Not exactly... The Cavaliers and Academey are two different corps with different staff members (for the most part). I don't like saying these kind of things, since I really do like watching Academey they always entertain me, but the level of imcoming talent in the corps is pretty different. I'm not saying Academey doesn't have talent OF COURSE NOT!! But The Cavaliers have always shown that they can do something with that talent and place in the top 3. As I see it, if the marchers don't click the show isn't going to work. How do you make it click? leadership. In the visual stand point that all starts with the visual staff. I am sure The Cavaliers will be fine, I trust in the decision making in Rosemont. They wouldn't have hired the new drill designer if he wasn't up to the task.

I don't like saying this, but I'm going with Blue Devils winning. Otherwise I am going to go with the best shows getting high scores and the less well done shows getting lower scores. That might be a little far out but that's just my guess.

I predict that I will want to see every Corps show this summer and

will end up going to Indy in August!