Revolution Erupts

Not yet a parent however I did march capital regiment in '09 and revolution in '10. From everything bad people hear about both these corps once you've been there first hand none of these problems ever are as bad as they seem to people on the outside of the corps. I remember several times last year when we were locked out of our buses or had no housing sites or no idea where we going and how we were getting there. We spent several mornings in california just chilling in walmart parking lots looking for somewhere to rehearse and shower. Point is this stuff happens all the time and while people are saying no one was in charge I dont believe for a minute Bryan would just abandon the corps without a supervisor

The fact that you claim "this stuff happens all the time" is even more troubling. It shows this corps (administration) doesn't have its act together.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 4

Not yet a parent however I did march capital regiment in '09 and revolution in '10. From everything bad people hear about both these corps once you've been there first hand none of these problems ever are as bad as they seem to people on the outside of the corps. I remember several times last year when we were locked out of our buses or had no housing sites or no idea where we going and how we were getting there. We spent several mornings in california just chilling in walmart parking lots looking for somewhere to rehearse and shower. Point is this stuff happens all the time and while people are saying no one was in charge I dont believe for a minute Bryan would just abandon the corps without a supervisor

:blink:

I know that this kind of stuff dose happen, but that doesn't mean it's right, acceptable, or even minor enough to just be brushed off. I marched 2 years of a WC Semifinalist: we weren't the most talented corps and we weren't the richest corps. But we certainly never had these types of issues while I was marching. Things like:

we were locked out of our buses
only happened when we were warned ahead of time (for example, if the drivers needed sleep for legal requirements, and we were told we wouldn't have access to busses & should make sure needed personal stuff was off the busses)

or

had no housing sites
never happened. A few times there were issues that happened at the last second w/housing sites (like we rolled in earlier than the thought and we had to wait a little bit to get in), but we always had adequate housing

or

no idea where we going and how we were getting there
maybe happened if a driver got lost, assuming that's what you meant

This:

We spent several mornings in california just chilling in walmart parking lots looking for somewhere to rehearse and shower
is certainly NOT a characteristic of a well-run organization. Spending
several mornings
wandering around a store parking lot is jaw-droppingly incompetent, IMO.

I agree that more often than not DCP blows things out of proportion, and that there are indeed two sides to ever story.

But perhaps you have been unfortunate enough to these are your only drum corps experience, so you don't have anything else to compare it with to gauge "normal" vs "appalling."

• Like 6

Even the top corps like phantom and cadets have trouble finding places to stay and sometimes dont secure housing til last minute, Imagine how difficult it is for an unreputable corps like revo to find housing last minute. But when it came down to it we (the members) were always fed, showered, and ready to perform by showtime.

And to the credit of John and Mike none of these bus problems or housing site issues happened while they were around. In '10 there were no problems like this but when they had to leave to go back to San Antonio things always returned to a worse state.

• Like 1

@ Perc2100

In '09 when I was with capital regiment we had a very well run tour (meaning no bussing issues, not having housing sites, etc) so I do have a wonderful experience to compare '10 to.

• Like 1

Doesn't mean your passions can't get the best of you, regardless of background.

...if it's "true" it's not libel, Sam.

cg

• Like 2

News like this, no matter if there is a director change, can kill a corps...forever. Where is Cap Reg...they are gone. Where is Magic...they are gone. Where is Kiwanis...they are gone. Let me just say this, it would not surprise me if Revo is not around next year. Yes I have heard the stories of the past, it seems to be a pattern. This sort of patten will kill this org, and that stinks.

• Like 2

Even the top corps like phantom and cadets have trouble finding places to stay and sometimes dont secure housing til last minute, Imagine how difficult it is for an unreputable corps like revo to find housing last minute. But when it came down to it we (the members) were always fed, showered, and ready to perform by showtime.

To what credit? They weren't there when #### hit the fan. When your kids, staff don't have answers and the person who should is no where to be seen. What credit is that?

And to the credit of John and Mike none of these bus problems or housing site issues happened while they were around. In '10 there were no problems like this but when they had to leave to go back to San Antonio things always returned to a worse state.

...if it's "true" it's not libel, Sam.

cg

That's for a court of law to determine if it gets that far....right now it's an accusation without definite proof (no matter how many people claim they have it). A libel charge could be in the offing if someone thinks so.

That's for a court of law to determine if it gets that far....right now it's an accusation without definite proof (no matter how many people claim they have it). A libel charge could be in the offing if someone thinks so.

I wouldn't worry too much about statements here on DCP reaching the point of a defamation trial. Considering the person accusing the original poster would have to prove that they were indeed completely false statements, there was damage done, and that they were posted without actual knowledge of the alleged incidents, the chance of a positive outcome by the directors of Revolution would be something close to nil. And yes, you have to prove all three.

If there's even a single shred of truth in what the original poster claimed, the case would be tossed. Defamation, whether slander or libel, is notoriously hard to prove.

Sadly, I am not surprised by this situation. I have known many members who have marched in Revolution throughout the years. They often complain about being fed very little for meals, and sometimes not being fed at all. Year after year after year, the corps runs out of money at the end of the season and cannot feed their kids.

Edited by One Step