2011 DCI BD v Cadets

Yup. As Sam said, fantastic portrayal. He really nailed the whole "don't play a villain like a monster, play a villain like a human being" concept. Showing Hitler's vulnerabilities made him even scarier, because you can understand how easy it is for someone who is mentally unbalanced to climb to a position of power, and then control others under them.

There was some controversy about that..."do we portray the monster as a human being?" But to truly be effective in telling the story, you HAVE to...especially with this subject matter...the better to illustrate the depravity and horror of what he was.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. As Sam said, fantastic portrayal. He really nailed the whole "don't play a villain like a monster, play a villain like a human being" concept. Showing Hitler's vulnerabilities made him even scarier, because you can understand how easy it is for someone who is mentally unbalanced to climb to a position of power, and then control others under them.

When my daughter lived in China this past year she went to a Mao museum in Dalian. There were a bunch of wax figures of various historical characters in rather odd positions. One showed Hitler smiling and playing pool! :tongue:

He shoots! He scores!

One of the funniest things ever on DCP!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Classic! My favorite of all the "Downfall" spoofs.

Is this a corpsband production? We'll need to know that for our attorneys!

BD Staff

P.S. We had no idea that the little paper-hanging SOB was a Drum Corps fan! Imagine our surprise. I mean the Nuremburg rallies were pretty spectacular, but I don't recall Goebbels having them do rotating boxes, or even sit in chairs....why? Because they couldn't. Sure they could roll over Poland in a week, but their #### company fronts looked like a frickin' Blitzkrieg! And you think people die in a Phantom show? ... mere child's play,,,,,just wait til' this bunch gets a hold of the DM! ..... and their Um Pa bands couldn't march 160BPM to save their ###. .......and don't get us started on the props....that little band of Duetsche Merry Men were one giant prop from Brussels to Budapest! And in closing.....although we are shocked and a bit stupified by this production....we feel it deserves a..... heil five!

Lawyer up! You'll need it!

well hey, at least Hitlers army marched'

:devil:

Isn't it odd, Plan, that you're always explaining something? .... Your posts.....BD's show....:tongue:

How tiring it must be to play on a board full of such neanderthals, eh?

(minus me, of course)

:ph34r:

:spitting:

When my daughter lived in China this past year she went to a Mao museum in Dalian. There were a bunch of wax figures of various historical characters in rather odd positions. One showed Hitler smiling and playing pool! :tongue:

You mean Hitler actually had the facial muscles to smile?

Hitler%2Bsmiles%2Bwhile%2Breading%2Bnewspaper.jpeg

Who knew...

Edited by John Murray